Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

Sig ARF Primary Force again...

<< < (2/2)

MikeyPratt:
Hi Guy’s,
If your looking to build a P Force I have the plans and book in stock. The P Force is going through a redesign at the moment to make adjustments for heavier wood.  The biggest problem is the weight of the Balsa and I’ve changed a number of the wood thickness to make up the heavier Balsa wood.  The model should still build in the mid 30-35 ounce range which is about ideal for the P-Force.  The ARF versions built up at 40-45 ounces but still flew ok, just didn’t have the snappy corners.

Later,
Mike Pratt

Brian Courtice:

--- Quote from: MikeyPratt on December 01, 2020, 12:01:29 AM ---Hi Guy’s,
If your looking to build a P Force I have the plans and book in stock. The P Force is going through a redesign at the moment to make adjustments for heavier wood.  The biggest problem is the weight of the Balsa and I’ve changed a number of the wood thickness to make up the heavier Balsa wood.  The model should still build in the mid 30-35 ounce range which is about ideal for the P-Force.  The ARF versions built up at 40-45 ounces but still flew ok, just didn’t have the snappy corners.

Later,
Mike Pratt

--- End quote ---

Is tis because lighter wood is too hard to find?

john e. holliday:
I still have my P-Force I built from short kit I got from Mike's first wife at VSC years ago.  Needs a recover job after Sandy the toy poodle did her dance on it at Topeka contest.  And yes the super light balsa is getting scarce as industry is using it up to satisfy the greenies that believe wind power is the answer.  I am not a light builder and IO think mine weighs in the upper 40 ounce range and flies better than I do.  Mine is powered with an LA 25 with stock muffler on uniflo tank, prop is MAS 9x6, 10% nitro 1/2 & 1/2 oil.  60 foot cable of .015 diameter center of plane to center of Fancher handle. D>K

Is that enough detail as I look at the set ups of the electric people. H^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version