News:

• May 22, 2024, 12:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shark pics..  (Read 1987 times)

Online Lauri Malila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Shark pics..
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:57:48 AM »
Hi.

Just testing to put some photos in here.. One of my Sharks.

Regards, Lauri

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Shark pics..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 06:19:04 PM »
Lauri, the pics look just great and so does the back ground. Show more of your planes any time.
Leester
ama 830538

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:17:58 AM »
Thanks. The pictures are from Thun, Switzerland. L

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:02:27 AM »
Lauri:
First, WELCOME ro StuntHanger!   H^^

The Shark looks great.  Have you flown it yet?  Can you share some fot the information about it - what engine are you susing?  What does it weigh?   
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:44:03 AM »
Hi.

Thanks again.
 The Shark in the picture has flown about 500 flights. I have another one with a bit more. They both fly very well. At the moment the #13 is back at factory for new wings as there was a fatigue problem with the original wings.
 At the moment I use DR .60LS but I'm anxiously waiting for the new bigger engine from Yuri. .60LS is great but in very strong wind it does not have enough power. Both Sharks weight about 1600g.
 In normal conditions Andrei's wide-tip prop is good but in dead calm and turbulent places I prefer Rafale (Beringer) 13,4x7-4.

L

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »
Hi.

Thanks again.
 The Shark in the picture has flown about 500 flights. I have another one with a bit more. They both fly very well. At the moment the #13 is back at factory for new wings as there was a fatigue problem with the original wings.
 At the moment I use DR .60LS but I'm anxiously waiting for the new bigger engine from Yuri. .60LS is great but in very strong wind it does not have enough power. Both Sharks weight about 1600g.
 In normal conditions Andrei's wide-tip prop is good but in dead calm and turbulent places I prefer Rafale (Beringer) 13,4x7-4.

L

500 flights - why its just getting broke in!!!   LL~

Are the fatigue problems limited to just the wings?  of just the early Sharks?

Oh yeah, post some new pictures when you get #13 back!

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:01 PM »
Hi

There is some minor problems in fuselage but they are easy to fix. Especially my early attempts with differend synthetic oils caused some vibration and stress cracks in fuselage center seam. Just some glassfiber tape and epoxy for repair. Of course, it would be nicer if it were taken care of at earlier stage, before finishing and castor-oiling the engine compartment..
 The wing has 3 or 4 ribs and a kind of main spar made of about 5mm thick hard foam (softer than Rohacell). In stress the ribs crack and separate from wing skin. After that the wing is no longer rigid. It's very difficult to fix afterwards.
 I receive the planes all-white and do the decoration by myself. This one is by the way painted with water-based acrylic car paint. It's a lovely system, water based colour takes longer to dry so the paint has more time to "flow" down. Much less paint is needed than with thinner-based products. But you have to be a little more carefull before spraying clear coat, the paint surface is not so strong. 

Alan Hahn

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
500 flights, now that is impressive to me. I can't even get mine out of the back of the car 50 times without doing major damage, much less flying it. I am wondering how many total PA stunt flights I have made in my total flying life! (I crossed out PA because some of my buddies might disagree that my flying in any way resembles Precision anything!)

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »

That's in 2 years, not so much really. I have been a little lazy lately, no flying fields near home.
 Luckily Shark is very easy to fly.
 Of course, a couple of months per year I have place for over 2000 perfectly flat stunt circles.. Future world championships site..? L

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
Kewl! F1A's are a kick to fly...man over mother nature!  Not so sure about running on ice, tho.  I'd want to spread some sand for traction. If those are hail stones, they're big ones!  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 04:54:24 AM »

Hi.

Ice is the best possible surface to fly, we use spiked shoes (ment for javelin or rugby) with about 1/2" spikes. Ice is perfectly flat so you don't have to stress about running like on grass. Snow on ice is of course differend, it can be very heavy to run. But on Ice the start altitudes are the absolute highest.
 No, they are not heilstones but ice crystals formed by gasses outgassing from ice in cold still air. They are so fragile that they allmost break when I look at them..
 Talking about Sharks, I just arrived from world cup contest in Kiev, Ukraine. I will post some results and pictures later. I'd guess Mike Wilcox will have something interesting, too..

Later, L.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here