News:

• May 07, 2024, 10:34:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Score Video By UAV  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Ed Prohaska

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Score Video By UAV
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
Just thought I'd post the U-Tube address of this neat video made a few days ago by Joel Marsh of VOLA Productions LLC:

Line flying with Ed Prohaska.mp4

Joel is professional photographer. Together with his business partner he is developing a R/C UAV for aerial photography work. When I showed up at the field to fly he was there with Tom Egbert (another local flier) and they were tinkering with a large flying saucer like contraption powered by 6 electric motors, each spinning a 10 or 11 inch APC prop. On the UAV's belly was mounted a $5000+ video camera!

Neither Joel or his partner are modelers or radio fliers, so Tom was recruited to do the flying. Tom is a master modeler with decades of experience in both C/L and R/C (fixed wing and helicopter). Plan A was to get aerial video of someone flying a C/L stunt model by hovering the UAV about 100 feet directly above the center of the circle. Since this is still a work in progress, with a few glitches to be resolved, a more prudent Plan B was chosen. The UAV would climb to altitude well outside the C/L circle, then shoot video looking down and zoom in and out as needed.

Unfortunately the zoom did not work nor did the air to ground video link that lets the pilot see what the camera sees. Nevertheless the video taken looks pretty good. When this UAV is fine tuned it should be a great video platform. It is extremely stable and has some gizmo that makes it stay at whatever point in the sky you park it.

All of the airborne UAV video is of me flying my stock ST .60 powered ARF Score. Spliced into this are a few seconds of ground video with the camera hand held, showing Tom flying his T&L ST .60 powered ARF SV-11. If you pause the video at 55 seconds and 1 min. 8 sec. you will see the plane change from a Score to an SV-11. I think it is so cool that Joel (who I never met before that day) posted this on U-Tube. I also like the catchy tune he added. I wish him total success with this venture.

Videos of this type would be a great self coaching tool for C/L stunt fliers, but the UAV's time will probably be too expensive for me. I suspect those in real estate sales, farming, forestry, construction, sporting events, news media, emergency services and law enforcement will likely be standing in line for its services.  Regards, EWP

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Score Video By UAV
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »
Where's the link???? H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ed Prohaska

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »
Hi Doc!

Just open U-Tube, then copy and paste Line flying with Ed Prohaska.mp4 in the search field, or type ed prohaska in the search field and it will appear near the top of a list of titles.

Here is a direct link to copy and paste in you browser:

The person who made and posted this video had never before seen a control line plane. That is why the title of the video makes it less than easy to find. I should have suggested a title like Control Line Score or Flying Control Line. Nevertheless, it has been viewed 63 times already and was posted just a few days ago.

If you want to see a video of the UAV that took the video of the Score copy Vola 1 test flight into the U-Tube search field or copy the direct link into your browser.

Regards, Ed Prohaska

Offline Bruce Thoms

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
That is a really well done video. I enjoyed the whole thing.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here