News:

• May 09, 2024, 09:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NoblARF Leadouts  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Garf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
NoblARF Leadouts
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
I am going to need to change the leadouts and maybe the bellcrank on my NoblARF #2. If I need to remove the fuselage to do it, I may be better off turning it into a profile, unless there is an easy way to get at the bellcrank without removing the fuselage. Has anyone done this on a NoblARF without removing the wing?

Offline 55chevr

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
Re: NoblARF Leadouts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 05:16:22 AM »
You can cut the top of the fuselage directly over the bell crank ....  John, of the NYCLST (can't remember last name - Neal help out), did it to an ARF Nobler when he decided to change out controls. He sliced the fuselage top right over the bell crank with 2 cuts straight down to the wing 3" apart. Removed the fuselage top section. Did the work and then CA-d it back in place.  Hard to notice it was done.

Joe
Joe Daly

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
Re: NoblARF Leadouts
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:25:33 PM »
My last wreck knocked the nose off the wing of NoblARF #3, which gave me a good view of the bellcrank. It seems the entire control system has shifted. On NoblARF #1, the solder broke on the flap horn and the elevator horn. I think this is what happened here. I need to replace both horns and the leadouts. This requires removal of the fuselage. I have 2 planes to do. One has broken motor mounts. The leadouts are going to be done old school, wire wound, not crimped. I hope I remember how to do it. Both will need new profile fuselages.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here