News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No bellcrank pivot bush in ARF XV 11  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Paul Eisner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
No bellcrank pivot bush in ARF XV 11
« on: November 18, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
I have just started putting together a Brodak XV11 ARF for electric power and whilst getting ready to replace the crimped leadout cables I had a look at the bellcrank pivot which I notice is unbushed. The bellcrank material is pivoting on the threads of the mounting bolt. Are all the bellcranks in the ARF's unbushed? If so has anyone removed the pivot bolt and bushed the bellcrank. The pivot hole is quite sloppy already.

Thanks, Paul Eisner.

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
Re: No bellcrank pivot bush in ARF XV 11
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
I have three Brodak ARC/ARF models and all use the standard Brodak 4" bellcrank setup with the centre bush. There is no slop.

I suspect that yours was assembled without the bush in error. Contact Brodaks and they will replace it.

Offline Paul Eisner

• New Pilot
Re: No bellcrank pivot bush in ARF SV 11
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:07:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply Geoff. As I live in UK and would have to get Brodak replacement from US I decided to remove the bellcrank and install a bush . It was also easier to replace the crimped leadouts as well. I dremelled away the epoxy around the bellcrank bolt and nut after removed small pieces of 1/16th " sheet top and bottom of the wing. After removing all the nuts and the bellcrank I found that there was a brass tube bush installed in the bellcrank but the ID was well oversize for the mounting bolt. I have machined and pressed in a new brass bush which is a much nicer fit. ihave replaced the crimped leadouts with double heavy weight laystrate bushed in brass tubes at the bellcrank with the ends wrapped in copper and soft soldered.
Regards, Paul.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here