Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

New Vector 40 ARF

<< < (4/4)

Allen Eshleman:
That looks great!  I haven't started working on mine yet.  Did you replace the leadout lines or did they look okay to you?  Is yours from the recent batch?  The latest batch, of which mine is, had some improvements over the first batch made.

Kafin Noe’man:

--- Quote from: Allen Eshleman on July 13, 2022, 09:18:16 AM ---That looks great!  I haven't started working on mine yet.  Did you replace the leadout lines or did they look okay to you?  Is yours from the recent batch?  The latest batch, of which mine is, had some improvements over the first batch made.

--- End quote ---

I ordered it on April/May this year, so I guess I got the recent batch. The leadout lines look okay to me, didn’t change it.
The only thing that I changed was the CA hinge, I didn’t use any of them, instead I use the DuBro Barrel Hinges.

Colin McRae:

--- Quote from: Allen Eshleman on June 15, 2022, 08:20:58 PM ---There are a bunch of ARF and ARC Vectors at Brodaks.  These will probably be the last ones.

--- End quote ---

Yes, they will be the last ones. I talked to Brodak recently and due to cost, when their existing ARF and ARC inventory is gone, that will be it. No more new CL ARC's or ARF's from Brodak. I believe they will still carry kits. I wanted an ARF so I picked up a P40 profile model.

I also have a Vector 40. Not in the air yet. I did not build it but purchased it from a local guy. I am going to try an OS 40 LA to start. But I also have a 46 LA if needed. It has a 4 oz uniflow tank. My model is pretty heavy at 64 oz. I did not have control over the weight since I did not build it, but the original builder did a great job. Not sure if it was a kit or ARC. It is beautifully painted, so not an ARF.

Alex Grudev:

--- Quote from: Colin McRae on August 23, 2022, 09:04:25 AM ---Yes, they will be the last ones. I talked to Brodak recently and due to cost, when their existing ARF and ARC inventory is gone, that will be it. No more new CL ARC's or ARF's from Brodak. I believe they will still carry kits. I wanted an ARF so I picked up a P40 profile model.

--- End quote ---

Very sad to hear that - Brodak was probably the only manufacturer of rather cheap but quality-enough CL kits :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version