News:

• May 09, 2024, 11:46:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My vote for the two best ARF/RTF ever.  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Wayne Foster

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Re: My vote for the two best ARF/RTF ever.
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »
Hi Rudy,

Thanks for the link to the AJ Web site.  I just killed a good hour looking and reading.  I had forgotten all the planes that I had of Walkers.  I remembered the Firebabies, but had forgotten about all the Whip planes I had so much fun with.

It's hard to believe that 232 million model airplanes were sold back then, and most of them ARF's.  I think maybe Walker paid a lot more attention to detail and quality that the ARF's that are being sold for CL these days.  The quality on the RC side of the fence is was above the CL planes.  Maybe has to do with the numbers sold.

Again, thanks for the web site.
Wayne Foster
    AMA 959

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2008, 09:07:51 AM »
I would go for a ARF carrier right now.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
Back to the Vote for best ARF ,

I would have to vote for the TEOSAWKI, although it is really a ready to fly ( RTF), all you add is the engine and tank, already predrilled for the LA46/ FP  , even supplied the mounting bolts and engine offset wedges.

If you  get one , it will improve  your flying. They fly well, but are really easy to teach you how to make trim changes and how changes afffect the model. I think the light weight , overpowered , flapless model is some of the reasons for it's ability to fly so well.

Not to mention the support we get from Clayton Smith  on setting up the plane for competition and helping with fixing any problems when they arrise , usually after a mishap with the ground.

Forgot to mention how tough the model is , seems it will take a hit better than any stunt plane around ( Combat Heritage) . This alone will rank it higher than most other ARF models on the market for durability , You can get in that necessary second flight most of the time .

I usually practice with mine when the wind is unflyable for other models , absolute minimum  side area , low weight , big engine , no flaps makes it fun to fly cross wind and even in to the wind at times . Just to get you ready for the contest that requires you to fly off of the downwind side of the circle

Just my thoughts,

Will 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:37:24 PM by William Davis »
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Jerry Reider

• Commander
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »
I can't tell if I'm being setup here, but what is a "Teosawki"?

I thought the same thing so I looked it up.  Here's a picture of it.
Jerry

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here