News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:59:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MORE ARC SMOOTHIE QUALITY  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Richard Koehler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
MORE ARC SMOOTHIE QUALITY
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »
I received my third BRODAK ARC Smoothie yesterday.  Beautiful just Beautiful, much nicer than anything I've ever built, or so I thought.  Closer inspection showed cuts across the grain in the smaller flap, no big deal easy enough to make another.  Since I thought the wing looked kind of funny I mounted it on my 3 inch solid core door building board.  Sure-nuff, one wing tip was approx 3/16 different from the other.  TILT and I do mean TILT!

Called Brodak this morning and they are taking this one back too, and this time I didn't even have to ask for a refund, really a GREAT COMPANY! 

My planes may not be all that pretty, but they are strait and they don't fall apart in the air as my BRODAK Super Clown did. :'(

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: MORE ARC SMOOTHIE QUALITY
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
Was your Super Clown the one that crashed because you didn't glue the hinges in. Can't remember who that was..
3/16 isn't anything, you can easily put that much warp in an otherwise straight wing when you cover it. Just as easy to take it out.

ARF/ARC's have issues as do most kits, one has to decide if he wants to take a few hours to correct a few minor flaws and save days of building or spend the time it takes to get a kit to the same stage as an ARC. At least we now have a choice and can choose our punishment depending on the circumstances .

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
Re: MORE ARC SMOOTHIE QUALITY
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »
I have one mostly assembled for sale.

Just buy mine.  There is nothing wrong with it.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here