News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kitbashing  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Joseph Lijoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Kitbashing
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:24:03 AM »
I was thinking of making a fuselage for a hangar 9 PT19 wing and tail since this is a weak point in all of these profile arfs.  Any ideas on a better wing tail engine spacing horizontal and vertical? 
How about doing this with an ARF Flite Streak?  Give me some ideas.  Thanks

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
Re: Kitbashing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:57:54 PM »
Hi Jo,
Make that fuselage wide enough for a commercial tank with the maple motor mounts long enough to touch the wing sheeting.
Make it tall enough to set the engine about 5/8ths of an inch higher than the centerline of the wing, and the stabilizer 1 1/2 inch above the wing centerline. I mount engines inverted, no problem.
Make the spinner ring to leading edge long enough to mount the tank and engine with a little space between, 1/4 inch is enough.
The wing trailing edge (flaps removed) to stab trailing edge (elevator removed), which is known as hingeline to hingeline, should be around 15 to 16 inches. If the trailing edge is fixed (no flaps), 14 to 15 should do fine.

I think these should do well for a decent first full body stunter. I would use the PT-19 wing and tail, the Flight Streak has a thin wing and is a Slow Combat model and flies too fast for any serious precision aerobatics.
Chris...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:00:46 AM by Chris McMillin »

Offline Norvaldo

• 2020 supporter
  • Lieutenant
Re: Kitbashing
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:13 AM »
Norvald Olsvold

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here