News:

• May 12, 2024, 04:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I must have got the dud T-rex  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Wynn Robins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
I must have got the dud T-rex
« on: March 09, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »
man - the ARC T-rex i got is SHOCKING - their are ribs in the wing that dont even look like they are made of wood!!!!!!  

I also slid to wing halves together on the joiners and it looks like it has nearly an inch of dihedral even tho the ribs in the centre are together HB~>
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: I must have got the dud T-rex
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »
How does the wing fit (dihedral wise) without the joiner spars in place?  I was talking to Brad one time and he mentioned that the spars were causing more problems than they solved in some cases.  They are not load bearing, just locating spars and you might just join the wing without them...
Steve

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:30:51 AM »
I stopped using the joiners...  I just join the two halves on a flat board with weights, just like I do foam wings.

The joiners are nice, but not necessary, and as it appears in your case, can cause more trouble than they fix on some units.  Think about it...  those things have to be perfect!!!
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 05:31:19 AM »
man - the ARC T-rex i got is SHOCKING - their are ribs in the wing that dont even look like they are made of wood!!!!!!  

Uh, that is lite ply...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:07 PM »
 I hope the ARF's don't look like the ARC's inside. :-\
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
My guess is that the ARCs would have to look better nekkid than the ARF's, in order to sell. The film will cover up some sins, if the patches and sanding is decently done. This occured to me after Rootbeard stripped his Tutor Two ARF and found the sheeting on the wing had been patched. And I don't think it's a horrible sin, either. We'd all do the same, at home, if we put a thumb through it. Maybe better, maybe not.  :P Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 05:48:48 AM »
My wing matched up real well....and when I took the weights off, I found about 1/4"-3/8" of dihedral...the spars were straight...
I think it'll be okay...

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here