News:

• May 09, 2024, 01:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hanger 9 PT-19  (Read 1514 times)

Offline BrianW517

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Hanger 9 PT-19
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
  H^^ S?P Has anyone converted an Hanger 9 PT-19, from glow to electric power, & how did you accomplish the coversion, & with what results ???  #^

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • Admiral
Re: Hanger 9 PT-19
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:41 AM »
Hi Brian,

You will find your answer over on the excellent electric section on this SH forum. Click on the "Set up" section at the top of the 1st page. Just find a plane of the same size and weight of your PT-19, (Flying clown, Flight Streak, Magician, etc.) and use their setup.

You can also use the the standard rule of thumb:  150 to 200 Watts per pound of A/C T.O. weight. (Watts = Battery Volts x motor amp draw) Watts are usually shown in the motor spec. section of a motor website.

Here is the link to the E-flte 15 size E motor that would make a good conversion for your size model.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/power-15-brushless-outrunner-motor-950kv-EFLM4015A

If you are a member of PAMPA, you can look at current and past issues and read the electric column. There are good writers there now that have a lot of useful info. In past issues we had many samples of setups and complete systems for all sizes of CL models.

BTW: I have 5 CL models, (all ARC/ARFs) and they are all E powered. :-)
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Neal Beekman

• AMA65006 (Neal B.)
  • Commander
  • Neal Beekman (AMA65006)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »
Yes the PT 19 is better for electric,as no vibration , and no oil  and with a low wing its great for the battery.
Neal Beekman

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
Hi Brian
Like Rudy suggested, go to the electric forum and do a search.  One of the ones that will come up is the conversion I did (see link below) using Horizon parts.  THe Power 15 is an excellent choice - similar sized motors will also work very well.

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=12531.0
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here
Tags: electric? 

Advertise Here