News:

• March 28, 2024, 09:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Got My SV11 ARC today.....  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Got My SV11 ARC today.....
« on: December 17, 2017, 06:04:47 PM »
Today I drove to my local Brodak dealer, John Saunders, over in NJ to pick up my SV11 ARC. Boy am I pleased. It looks fabulous.When I got home I removed everything from the bags and weighed it with my ST 60,muffler,tank,prop,spinner,hinges etc. The all up weight of everything less glue and covering was 54ounces Using Monokote I should be able to bring this plane finished to the field at around 60ounces. Can't wait to finish my present project a ST 60 powered Shark 45. Brodaks did a fine job with the SV11......PhillySkip

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Got My SV11 ARC today.....
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »
Yes it did,but it's not very good to be honest. I think it assumes that anyone buying this product already has a good idea as to how it should go together.....Skip

Offline Ed Barry

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:42:52 PM »
The wing joint uses hardwood tapered spars instead of the balsa ones from the old version.  The instruction book is for the old Brodak version which doesn't quite match because the old version mounted the wing from the bottom of the fuselage and the new one installs from the top, which is much better for fuselage integrity.  Also, the new version uses fuselage mounted, rather than wing mounted landing gear.  On the ARF I got, every panel was die straight, never saw this before in an ARF.
Ed Bary

Offline Chris Fretz

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:41:27 AM »
I got mine a wile ago and it looks like fun! What kind of tank are you going to put in it Philly? What color did you get?

Chris
Formerly known as #Liner
AMA 1104207
Advanced

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »
Chris, I got an ARC version. I'll glass the fuse ,and Monokote all of the flying surfaces.
Motorman....what Ed Barry said about the quality. The bell crank and hardware is all good stuff,pushrod is carbon with the ends JB welded in.Lead outs are crimped ,but are done well.

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 08:31:48 AM »
Got mine in as well. Very impressed with the shipping box!  It’s going to find new life as a carrier for indoor FF models.  Very thick-walled and sturdy

Was very pleased by the contents. The first thing I noticed was the real, wooden cowling!  Always loathed the plastic/fiberglass cowling in other ARFS and even some kits. I also favor the top-down wing installation. This will make pushrod installation and connection a bit easier too.

Don’t know what it weighs yet but I’ll get back to you

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here