News:

• May 08, 2024, 02:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Free (Almost) Strega/SAITO 62  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Free (Almost) Strega/SAITO 62
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:28:15 AM »
As some of you know, my 4S flying tends toward the smaller (.40 and down) sizes - I really don't care for the larger models.
So, I will donate the Strega/SAITO 62 combination from my Flying Models article to the 2009 Brodak Fly-In. :! :!
We will sell raffle tickets and the winner will take home a really neat airplane.
A true RTF - hook up your lines, fuel it and GO!!!!  #^ #^ #^
All proceeds will go to the museum fund.

Bob Z.

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
Re: Free (Almost) Strega/SAITO 62
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:27:55 PM »
Hi Robert,

I flew my baby again today, I like the longer lines but you're correct this plane with the Saito 62 pulls hard. Great flying combo. Flew the complete pattern and I loved the way she goes through the air. I wish you lived close to me, I would be interested in bidding on her. To bad Sparky couldn't set up something so the rest of us could bid on her. I guess you would have to have a mininum price. Oh well I'm sure the guys at the contest, you speak of will be ready to pounce on you when you show up. Maybe you should change your looks and name so you will be safe (Just a suggestion, better yet just send her to me!!!!!! I'm just trying to look out for your safety, Ha Ha ) Have a great day and thanks for all your help, Gary
Gary Anderson

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
Gary - Come to the Fly-In. You won't be disappointed.
It's the biggest C/L event in the world, gets bigger every year.
It's in a little town called Carmichaels, PA.
Some guy named John Brodak hosts it in his backyard, where he has SIX top-notch circles.

Bob Z.

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 07:46:06 PM »
Bob,
   Great idea on the Raffle  . I watched several people fly your  plane at Brodak's . Looks like a good combination , especially for people that prefere larger models

Will
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 12:58:39 AM »
Gary - Come to the Fly-In. You won't be disappointed.
It's the biggest C/L event in the world, gets bigger every year.
It's in a little town called Carmichaels, PA.
Some guy named John Brodak hosts it in his backyard, where he has SIX top-notch circles.

Bob Z.

Hi Bob,

My great saito decide to quit doing the overhead eights. Lines was falling around me like a dummy I reached out knowing what was going to happen and pulled the up line, of coarse I saved the plane. The only thing that happened was I broke the prop. My brain was telling me don't do it but I guess the hand was quicker than the brain. I ran over to check the damage on the plane and my friends are trying to stop the bleeding. Didn't know I had that much blood in this old body. My brother is yelling leave the darn plane alone, we'll bring her in. I guess a flier should wear gloves, cause I believe most would try to save their toy. I'm a real dummy I've done this before, so I think I'm going to start wearing a glove on my left hand, I fly with the right and the strap keeps me from grabbing the lines. Don't tell anyone what a dummy I am, PROMISE!!!!!! I was afraid I was going to have to make the trip and get in the drawing. Have a great day and keep them in the air, Gary
Gary Anderson

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here