News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First Flight on the ARF Bi Slob  (Read 1856 times)

Offline brucefinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
First Flight on the ARF Bi Slob
« on: February 26, 2007, 07:11:45 PM »
Whoo--eeeeie!  Good lord can that thing turn a 2 foot corner!  I remember reading that the thing would fly like a brick after the motor cut.  The landing was more like a controlled crash.  I was just not used to its manners.  More flying tomorrow.

Bruce

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: First Flight on the ARF Bi Slob
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 08:00:04 PM »
Know your run time.
Be ready, not surprised, when the engine quits.
R....
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline steve dinerman

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »
i to have just finished a arf bi slob.i flew it about 3  weeks ago.i have a os 35s on it with a tung muffler on it.it is touchy in level flight but turns unbelievable.it could be my shakey hands or be tail heavy .i put the stock muffler on it and am waiting for the ice to melt on our Field to fly it again.it might have bean touchy but it was a ball to fly.
stephen dinerman

Online James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
The way to cure the level flight problem with the BiSlob is to NOT fly it level  y1  ~^  ;D   Just keep hammering the elevator and everyone will think you are just  having a great time!!  And yes, be sure to remember when the engine will quit!  Mine were/are a little touchy in level flight but not too bad....    ;D  Definately not meant to be a 'serious' bird..     n~
Enjoy!!
Jim

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »
The wire gear on my ARF SLOB kept bending back and breaking the bottom spars. Are you guys having any problems like that?
I finally got some 1/8 piano wire and bent a new set on gear also bent the gear a little more forward. The spar quit breaking and the landings got better.
Frank Carlisle

Offline steve dinerman

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »
i found the problem i was having with the bislob was not tail heaviness but a miss alignment of the controles.the flaps were slightly down when the elevator was in nutrel.i fixed this and flew it Mon and wed.i had a blast.it reminded me of when i was trying to learn how to fly carrier at 60 degrees.boy it takes forever to do a wing over or a   square loop.i can say that this is the most fun i have had flying a airplane in my 50+of modeling.now if i can talk Dan banjock in to flying 2 at a time hummmm.
stephen dinerman

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here