Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

Engine choice for Brodak Oriental?

(1/4) > >>

frank mccune:
     Hello All:

Before I start building a Brodak Oriental, I would like to receive some feedback as to which engine may be the best choice from the following:

Fox 35 Stunt

OS 35 Stunt

Tom Lay OS-ST 40

OS 40 LA

HP 40

I am looking for adquate power, easy starting and smooth running as the primary objectives.  I think thatI listed the engines in order of increasing power and weight.  The weight ranges from almost 7 oz, for the Fox and 9.3 oz. for the HP. 

Suggestions/and or comments?

Tia,

Frank McCune

Robert Zambelli:
Frank - when I developed the Oriental ARF for John, I used a stock Fox 35 and it was perfect.
The  prototype came out nose-heavy with the Fox, a wooden Top-Flite 10-6 , a tongue muffler and a plastic spinner.
I had to add around 3/4 ounces of tailweight.
I don't know if the kit would build the same.
I would go with the Fox 35 or the Max-S 35.

Bob Z.

Manuel Cortes:
Hi all.

I have a Custom ABC Gardner OS 35 + tongue muffler  #^ waiting for my Oriental. After tested it power is considerably increased from stock unit (donīt have a Tom Lay unit to compare, BTW).
ABC PS and Gardner rod let the oil content to be drop considerably......

My two cents.

Kind regards from Spain.

Manuel.

Manuel Cortes:
My option is Only traying the less balance weight, if not, for sure would try a LA 46 (Gardner ABC in my case but not obilgated)

Manuel Cortes:
My Smoothie works very happy with a Super Tigre 46. No balance weight needed.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version