News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Convert RC ARF to U-control.  (Read 1101 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Convert RC ARF to U-control.
« on: May 28, 2009, 08:32:09 PM »
I am thinking about putting something together for fun scale at the AMA.  I really like the EXTRA 300S.  I am leaning toward the ARF Phoenix Models Extra 300S.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGPL7&P=0

I remember when u-Controls were being converted to RC.  What goes around comes around - now is the time to go the other way - especially in scale.  

PS I have a OS Max 65FP to go into it.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Convert RC ARF to U-control.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 09:38:23 PM »
It's an ARF, so surely not legal in Scale??? At least, check the rules before you write the check!   :! Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:06 AM »
It will qualify in the event called Fun Scale.  All you need is a picture of an actual plane or three view.  This should be over in the  scale forum.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
It will qualify in the event called Fun Scale.  All you need is a picture of an actual plane or three view.  This should be over in the  scale forum.  DOC Holliday

DOC,
Yeah I knew that this is more a scale post than ARF but I was trying to stir the pot on the subject of converting RC to UC.  Their is a boat load of RC ARF on the market.  Other than scale is their anything worth converting?  If anyone has ventured in this direction lets have some stories/pictures.  By the way FUN SCALE is for ARFs  It sorta kinda needs to look like a real airplane. No builder of the model rule and most of the points are for the flight score.
 S?P   n~  H^^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Bob Furr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
Bob Nelson at SIG has a nifty little electric stunter made from a KAVAN ARF small electric pattern plane.   It flys well but is slighty underpowered with the electric motor that came with it.    Imagine an Akromaster size plane with a 10.   Short lines make it manageable.
Bob Furr

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here