News:

• May 09, 2024, 05:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Community ARF Giles 202 Nitro Models 3D  (Read 1386 times)

Walter Hicks

• Trade Count: (0)
Community ARF Giles 202 Nitro Models 3D
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »
First flights on the Giles 202 3d ARF as flown by Richard Oliver and Frank Williams in Texas.

Set up is Stalker .66 Re, 6 Oz clunk tank , 4" Bellcrank , adjustable elevator horns,  Stalker Carbon fiber Spinner NOT take apart. Weighs

55 Oz with 1.5 oz of tip weight and 1 oz of tail weight. The only difference is that I used Aluminum  Landing gear

and Dave Brown lite flite tires. Flies exceptionally well! After the last contest when conditions got bad I decided to

always have a plane that I am willing to fly in almost any conditions. Pretty windy today and no problem. Still sorting

out props with the Stalker .66 .This is an exceptional deal for $84.00 and a few nights of work. I used glass cloth and epoxy on the wing centers and added some bracing on top of the wing per Richards Advice from previous articles. Try it you might like it!  I watched Richard  Oliver fly this plane in the wind  in 2006 in Texas , he won the contest! This will be my new foul weather /conditions community ARF /engine testbed.

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Community ARF Giles 202 Nitro Models 3D
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:19:28 AM »
How about some pics, where did you get it for only 84.00 ??
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Stan Bidowski

• Lieutenant
    • Winnipeg Perfect Circle Flying Club
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
Is this ARF still available?  I went to http://www.raidentech.com/3dgi20240nig.html  and this model is
sold out.  I don't know if it is available from other suppliers.  I went back in the archives, and the posted
pics of it by Richard no longer show up, but other pics do in the thread (at least for me )
 http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=222676&mesg_id=222676&listing_type=search

It would be great if was still available for purchase. 

Stan Bidowski
MAAC 17167

Walter Hicks

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »
Hi Stan,

Nitro Models  is out of stock ,4-6 weeks. You might check various R/ C distributors to see if they have any in stock.

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:26:20 PM »
Walter,
Just a word of caution.  The glue in the fuselage to motor bulkhead is suspect.  I highly recommend some glass tape and epoxy on this joint.  Don't ask how I know, but I have yet to find the piston from my Saito 56.  Other than that the plane is a great stunt ship.
Frank

Walter Hicks

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »
Thanks Frank Good information I will do that before I attempt to fly the Giles again. I will not be going to the Houston Contest this year as I will be in Oregon for the Northwest regionals. Houston was a very good time ,great contest and even more awesome people. I  will miss you guys.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here