News:

• May 13, 2024, 03:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building the Vecter ARC  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Building the Vecter ARC
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »
I just finished my new Vecter ARC. Here is what I had to do to build it to fly clockwise. Because of the clockwise direction that I fly I have to turn the wing upside down. Which means I have to run the bellcrank pushrod out the other side of the wing. The wing has key on the top so I put the bottom part of the fuselage over the key which is a peice of 1/8" balsa so I had to cut some places to get it to fit right.This change was easy to do and worked to make ths wing right fo CW flying. I then doped and covered the fuselage with sikspan and proceeded to fill and dope the fuselage up to the final coat. When I was done with this. I put the wing into the fuselage with epoxy and CA. I then proceded to cover the wing and stab and elevater with World tex. I then glued and put the elevater and stab on the fuselage. I used no lignup devises to do this because I wanted to see if the ARC lignup of the fuselage cutouts were correct. Before I put on the covering and the wing into the fuselage I made sure the bellcrank post was locked tight and the bolt and nut were tacked down permantly with epoxy. I proceeded to finish the plane. I test flew the plane on wednesday. It flew great, takoff was good. I did three inside loops and put it on it's back and it sat in the groove both ways. I did an inside square and it was real solid so turned it on its backe and did a couple of outside squares. ended up doing the pattern the first flight. The whole pattern was a joy to fly. This is the first time I ever built a plane that was right right off the board. Of course the super Tigre 46 ran flawlesly. This is a great ARC. And it came out  light. #^ #^ #^ HB~>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:45:23 AM by Leo Mehl »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Building the Vecter ARC
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
Come on now Leo, you are forcig the old DOC to assemble his Vector 40 ARC and finish it.  Haven't decided which engine to install.  I have a Brodak 40 that is finally coming in.  The EVO 36 that I am also figuring out.  And last is the RO-Jett 40 that needs a newlighter airplane.  Glad to here you are happy with yours. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 02:47:11 AM »
(snip)And last is the RO-Jett 40 that needs a newlighter airplane.  Glad to here you are happy with yours. H^^

Wow, Doc!  I would think the RoJett 40 would have to be in a DEEP 4 cycle to tame down for a Vector ARF! LOL!!

Mongo
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:46 AM »
I started out with a TT36 in mine and it was a very good flyer. The new owner has an aero tiger in it and is well satisfied.
Dennis

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 11:18:28 AM »
Come on now Leo, you are forcig the old DOC to assemble his Vector 40 ARC and finish it.  Haven't decided which engine to install.  I have a Brodak 40 that is finally coming in.  The EVO 36 that I am also figuring out.  And last is the RO-Jett 40 that needs a newlighter airplane.  Glad to here you are happy with yours. H^^
Hey Doc, I would use the ro-jet 40. H^^

Offline Michael Reed

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 05:57:03 AM »
Would a ST.46 be too much for one of these?

Thanks,
Mike

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 06:19:45 AM »
Hi Mike...
An ST 46 would be fine....many are powered by LA 46's
Have fun!

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
Aaron has a PTG style Magnum sqaure head .36 in his.  It is an excellent set up.

"Our" growing fascination with Tim Tanner's Tool Time "MORE POWER" is great if you expect to be flying in 20 knot winds with gusts to 40 knots, but for 99% of us that are short of the Wooley Cup World Championship level, a decent .35-.40 size engine like an FP .40 is plenty. And an Aero Tiger .36, LA .46 or ST .46 is more than enough.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Michael Reed

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »
Well so much for that plan. I had made a deal and paid for two ST .46s.... but the guy welched on me. Since I'm not getting the engines I suppose there's no point in finding something to put them in.

Mike

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
Well so much for that plan. I had made a deal and paid for two ST .46s.... but the guy welched on me. Since I'm not getting the engines I suppose there's no point in finding something to put them in.

Mike

Whoa......... you PAID for them, and he didn't deliver?

That ain't good, at all.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Michael Reed

• New Pilot
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »
Well, got my money back. The guy reimbursed me for the engines. More than likely he found a higher price elsewhere or someone offered him more and he welched on me. In a nutshell, he used the "Oh woe is me", "I'm 60 and can't figure out computers and e-mail" excuse. Before she passed, my mother was in her late 60's and never finished high school algebra yet she owned a successful exotic lumber import/export company and did thousands of dollars of internet business per year when all the other Dot-Coms were failing.

Mike

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 12:18:31 PM »
Off of RCGroups?
Chris...

Advertise Here
Tags: