News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Super Clown  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Brodak Super Clown
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
I just started building a Super Clown ARF I purchased last year and while installing the wing I noticed that the wing has more curves than a Victorias Secret model. It is totally unusable as it is. The leading edge on the left is lower than the right and the trailing edge has an "S" curve in it.
Can anything be done to straighten it out or do I scrap it???
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: Brodak Super Clown
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
Contact Brodak, they will take care of it.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »
Dan:
I think Bob's suggestion is the right one, however, if you want to give it a go you might be able to twist the wing back to straight:  You have to twist back into position, then reshrink the covering, preferably with a heat gun.  Probably will take a few tries, but might be faster than waiting for a wing replacement.  The Clown wing is easy enough to twist (even accidently) using this method.

BTW, What kinds of MODELS does Victoria's Secret sell? I have been away from stunt for awhile, so I am unfamiliar with their product line...  mw~  LL~  VD~

signed, NAIVE in MI...  :-\

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:41:36 AM »
I'd better not answer this one.. Could get into trouble.. I have three daughters.. or wives in training as I say.. I'll try and twist the wing back into line. If that fails I will contact Brodak.. Thanks..
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 08:08:14 AM »
I'd better not answer this one.. Could get into trouble.. I have three daughters.. or wives in training as I say.. I'll try and twist the wing back into line. If that fails I will contact Brodak.. Thanks..

I only had two daughters, but I can relate;  you don't get to talk much at home do you???  :-X  LL~
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 07:23:35 PM »
I had a warped fuselage on my Pathfinder.  An email to Brodak about the problem, and in a few days, I had a new one at my door.  They didn't want my warped fuse. Good service I would say. H^^
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 02:39:53 PM »
I'll give it a try.. "Nothing ventured nothing gained".. Thanks...
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 11:32:57 AM »
Brodak has just contacted me to let em know they are replacing the wing "free of charge". Awesome people who care about their products.. Thanks for the heads up..
Dan
MAAC 14300

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »
My experience with Brodak has been that they will fix whatever is wrong with the product---the only way to improve on that is for there to be no problems;  not likely in this time continuum and galaxy.

Jim 
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »
Yo Dan:
Did your new wing arrive yet?

I just assembled a Super Clown ARF.  Wing trailing edge was a curvy as... well just like you said.  I wrestled with it an d the heat gun for about 5-10 minutes and was able to get it looking pretty good - but not perfect.  In my SC the fuselage was really heavy, but I read where a lot of folks add tail weight anyway so I did not bother about it.  Ended up adding 3/4 oz to tail.  Only change I made was to cut off the last 3-4 inches of flap and glue it solid - that really helps the control loads and the turning radius.  Fitted it up with an Enya 30SS that I got as a basket case off EBAY about 10 years ago and finally put in a plane.

Test flew today - and in short it is a GREAT flying set-up  The Enya with the 9-5 PowerPoint pulls it like a pocket-rocket, the control feel is very good - and the wing was level!  Noticed what looked like too much tip weight - but that is really not a problem.

This is the 3rd Brodak ARF I have built (after the Oriental and Cardinal) and I must say that I was quite happy with all of them. And they all fly pretty darned good! 

DAN: keep us posted on your progress!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »
Dennis,
I agree that the ARF Super Clown is a good flying airplane.  My pilots (Grace and Michael) and I have one each with an FP20, Fox 35 and Electric motor and they all fly reasonable well.  Hard to go wrong for the price, time involved and performance.
John
John Paris

Offline Dan Labine

• 2013 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 01:35:24 PM »
Dennis.. The wing arrived last week. This one is almost perfect. The problem with the original wing was the leading edge. It was at least 1 inch out in the last 12 inches on the right side. I tried heat and weights but could not get it any where near straight. It also seemed as if the right panels leading edge was pointing down. ie the centerline of the leading edge was lower on the right than the left side. The trailing edge also had a severe S curve to it.
I have to thank Brodak for getting me the new wing as quickly as they did. My holidays start next week so I might get it done..
Dan
MAAC 14300

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here