Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

Brodak P40 Set Up Tips

(1/4) > >>

Skip Chernoff:
I traded a pal a TF Gieseke Nobler kit for a Brodak P40 freshly built(not ARF version).I've been told that it is the same plane as the ARC and ARF items. I've got about ten flights on it so far and with trimming is getting better every flight. I was just curious as to how other folks are setting up their P40s Here is my set up so far:

50oz total  weight. Monokote Finish
La 40, Enya NVA,7mm Venturi,stock muffler (needed the nose weight!) 11x5 Zoar prop.
Flaps and elevators in suggested holes on horns.
1oz tip weight,lead outs most forward position
 6oz R/C clunk tank with muffler pressure

Thanks,Phillyskip                  

Target:
I got my arf p40 second hand.
It's got and .46LA. on it, feeding from a 4oz(? I will check on this) uniflow tank, and a xoar 11 x 5.
Engine runs great 4-2-4 runs, and I'm not certain where the lead out is, or what tip weight is in it.
It did take a little tweaking of the original previous owner installed trim tab on the outer wing to get things settled upright and inverted.
Pulls like a mule, and great tension in overhead eights.
Easy to land. Nice plane.
Regards,
Chris

Skip Chernoff:
Chris, can you get thru the full pattern on 4 ounces with the 46?

Target:
Let me confirm it's 4 oz skip, but yes, it is pretty long winded on that tank. Occasionally if the needle is tweaked in a little too much it'll fly what feels like 9 minutes or so.
The .46 LA does have it's own custom venturi, it's probably smaller than stock sized, I'm guessing.
R,
Chris

Mark Scarborough:
for some really good info on the LA 46 see the pinned thread in the engine forum.

THe Bordak P-40 was intended to have dihedryl becuase it has a low wing. The tab is likely to compensate for the Vertical CG being off. There are a lot ot threads on the P40 and the dihedral

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version