Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

Brodak P40 Set Up Tips

<< < (4/4)

Mark Scarborough:

--- Quote from: Motorman on April 30, 2017, 06:02:33 PM ---If you can get a rubber extender tube on your muffler you'll have almost no oil on your plane after flying.

MM

--- End quote ---
This can have an affect on the engine run, I tried it one time and took it off after a couple flights. I could not get the run happy so your mileage may vary

Skip Chernoff:
I actually have my P40 flying pretty well at present. Since it's got a 40 I'm flying on 61' lines eyelet to eyelet. I added additional wing tip weight and she seems to have responded nicely .I also raised the tank a bit to get inverted and right side up runs the same. I'll take her to Brodaks and fly it in Profile Intermediate.

Al Ferraro:

--- Quote from: Motorman on April 30, 2017, 06:02:33 PM ---If you can get a rubber extender tube on your muffler you'll have almost no oil on your plane after flying.

MM

--- End quote ---
Nobler Fox 35
Vector LA 40
Both engines run great and clean up is minimal.
Al

Christian Chacha:

--- Quote from: Target on January 21, 2017, 12:07:28 AM ---I got my arf p40 second hand.
It's got and .46LA. on it, feeding from a 4oz(? I will check on this) uniflow tank, and a xoar 11 x 5.
Engine runs great 4-2-4 runs, and I'm not certain where the lead out is, or what tip weight is in it.
It did take a little tweaking of the original previous owner installed trim tab on the outer wing to get things settled upright and inverted.
Pulls like a mule, and great tension in overhead eights.
Easy to land. Nice plane.
Regards,
Chris

--- End quote ---

Line Length?

Colin McRae:
I recently acquired the P40 ARF model. Got in the air 2 weeks ago w/ about 6 flights so far. Here are my stats:

Evolution 36NT power w/ small venturi
Evolution stock tube muffler
11-4 prop
1 oz tip weight (I fly w/ lighter 65# test Spectra lines)
4 oz oval profile uniflow tank
Muffler pressure
2 washers up front on the engine for a bit of offset
Lead outs unchanged from how they were set up in the pre-built wing
Control horn hole settings per the Brodak instructions
Flying on 60' lines

Still learning the model. I am nowhere at the competition level, but it seems to fly well.

A few initial observations:

Has plenty of pull (but not overly so)

The flap and elevator joiner wires are pretty flimsy resulting in significant differential flex. Probably OK for my sport/stunt flying, but not for competition level

I am going to first change to one washer on the engine front to decrease the offset angle. See if that settles down the pull a bit. After seeing how it flies, then adjust the lead outs if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version