News:

• April 27, 2024, 04:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Covering  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Al Burczycki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Brodak Covering
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »

Greetings,
I think I read here awhile back, that Brodak was changing the covering on their ARF's to Brodacote from Chinacote. Doe's anyone know if that has happened or is still pending.  I'm interested in the P-40, but would be willing to wait if a change was coming up.

Al Burczycki

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
Re: Brodak Covering
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
Al, Frankly the covering that Brodak uses is ,for me, not up to par. It has very poor adhesion characteristics and is even reluctant to stick to itself. Same with Sigs Aerokote. But as I'm somewhat used to Monokote and Ultrakote someone might think that I'm letting my prejudices cloud my judgement.
But I think that I'll continue to use the stuff that I get results that I can live with.
dennis

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:36:23 PM »
Word is the new T-Rex was done in UltraKote - and that would be serious progress.  I do not know if that will be across the board on other Brodak ARF's...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
Word is the new T-Rex was done in UltraKote - and that would be serious progress.  I do not know if that will be across the board on other Brodak ARF's...

That is correct.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 10:15:27 AM »
John Brodak does listen and keeps improving his products.  Most of the manufacturers do this if they want to stay in business. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Al Burczycki

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with an ARC instead, I hate to have to repair the same fault over and over.  While I'm on the subject of the P-40, Can I have a recommendation on an engine. I understand the P-40 comes out tail heavy and wonder if, of the two engines I'm considering, the Magnum 46 would be a better choice than an LA-46 as it is about 3 ounces heavier.. Again thanks, I appreciate all the advice.

Al Burczycki

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 09:51:11 PM »
I got a p-40 arc and needed to get it in the air fast. Covered with clear monokote as that was what I had the most of at the time. TT42  engine and Rustolium paint. It balanced perfectly and I wish that I had had more time to make it really pretty. Wouldn't you know it that your rush jobs always seem to fly best and last the longest. Just to clarify, the whole plane was painted with Rustolium. Don't know what it weighs but it apparently isn't excessive.
Dennis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here