News:

• May 10, 2024, 09:24:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak ARF/ARC P40 Vs Brodak P40 Kit.  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak ARF/ARC P40 Vs Brodak P40 Kit.
« on: May 23, 2010, 08:17:50 AM »
I have heard lots of good things about the Brodak P40 but not sure which is the one that seems to please most owners.  ARF, ARC, Kit.  Any thoughts?
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Brodak ARF/ARC P40 Vs Brodak P40 Kit.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »
Dick,
depends upon your perspective. If I had the time, I would build from a kit, then I can do the controls inside the wing the way I want them. The one factor to keep in mind is that this airframe was designed by Pat Johnston to have dihedral in the wing to get the Vertical CG right. ( it is a low wing design after all) I did a thread some time back on how to add dihedral to the ARF/ARC wing that is already built. Its actually very simple once you know the tricks. I did the last two wings I did in about an hour each. Its a great flying plane whichever way you go. Especially with a OS LA 46  and the APC 12.25 x 3.75 prop.
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline bob branch

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak ARF/ARC P40 Vs Brodak P40 Kit.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »
Dick

I have done a glow arf and have an electric arc being built. The plane flies very nicely. Do it the way you feel like. Controls inside the wing seem to work ok. I change everything to ball joints and carbon fiber but its just my habit. Certainly works well stock too. A good flier with an Evo .36 also. My electric version will have an Axi 2826/12 on 4 cell lipo and is detailed after Sue Paris' pink airshow plane that now hangs in the Airzoo Air Museum in Kalamazoo, Mi.

bob branch

edited for color of airplane
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:18:12 AM by bob branch »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here