News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak 's ARF question...  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
Brodak 's ARF question...
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »
Just a question on why the ARFs from Brodak (like the SV-11, Legacy, T-Rex, Vector, etc)  has a flat edge (see pic below) on the side of the Stab/Elev?  is there a performance benefit?  It just looks unfinished to me.  

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Brodak 's ARF question...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »
It does look aweful doesn't it.  I am sure its simply speed of construction and making it as inexpensive as possible. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »
Might also be because there's not enough wood under there for them to sand a radius into. 

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys..  H^^   I guess there're no real performance benefits other then just cutting corner on labour where they can.   I might just peel back the covering and do a proper radius edge on it.  there're enough wood underneath there :)

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply guys..  H^^   I guess there're no real performance benefits other then just cutting corner on labour where they can.   I might just peel back the covering and do a proper radius edge on it.  there're enough wood underneath there :)

As troublesome as it might be I'd peel off the covering from the model and recover with something that won't come off in very short order without preventitive measures being taken. And it is a labor shortcut to not sand the tips. Oh well Tony Tang is out of business and I guess that C/L arfs just might be an endangered species.

Dennis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here