News:

• April 30, 2024, 08:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best ARF ?  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Larry Wong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Best ARF ?
« on: May 27, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
With all the New ARF's on the market, what is the Best  ARF ?  I have  Oriental , Vector, Cardinal,and some combat wing's......Have flown the Score and in good hands can do well , Nobler Need help flight Streak are good for New flyers..... ??? y1 #^ HB~> LL~ H^^
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Best ARF ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »
My belief is the the Pathfinder is the finest flying ARF currently in the marketplace....it can be flown using all of the stock hardware and performs very well...

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 05:07:11 AM »
The ARF Vector from what I've observed. A serious competition plane. A club member has 2, one in electric and one with an fp35. Both rival his very nice homebuilt Gieseke Nobler, a plane that frequently wins and places high in Advanced at local contests. So far it's the only ARF that evokes MY LUST. Even though I've owned, flown and used other ARFs that have served me well.

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 07:15:29 AM »
I tend to agree I like the vector vary much. y1 y1 y1 y1 y1 y1
Here is a pic. of Paul Ferral Sr. Nat's champion Vector ( Red Bull) Magnum 36xl with Smith Pipe. S?P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 02:22:03 PM by Larry Wong »
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 01:44:32 PM »
From my perspective, the P-40 Brodak is an awesome and often overlooked ARF, I am flying my second and it has made a HUGE difference in my ability to "fly" my manuevers instead of pull and guess, with dihedral I think its fantastic,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 02:04:30 PM »
I believe it all depends on what you want to use the ARF/ARC for.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »
Another year, another flying season. The P40 ARF has performed well for members in our club. Banjok did a first in Brodak Expert Profile flying the ARF last year. I believe Derek Berry used one the year before and also won. At GSCB they like Pathfinders. Many in my club get lots of service from Cardinals. The Vector 40 looks like a legit serious PAMPA plane. The ARF Flite Streak despite it's flip flip nose can be a great intro to stunt. Am I agreeing with Bill Little? Guess I'm elaborating on his point.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:06:54 AM »
Another year, another flying season. The P40 ARF has performed well for members in our club. Banjok did a first in Brodak Expert Profile flying the ARF last year. I believe Derek Berry used one the year before and also won. At GSCB they like Pathfinders. Many in my club get lots of service from Cardinals. The Vector 40 looks like a legit serious PAMPA plane. The ARF Flite Streak despite it's flip flip nose can be a great intro to stunt. Am I agreeing with Bill Little? Guess I'm elaborating on his point.

Thanks, Dennis! I agree totally with you. y1  Different models serve different purposes, and some of it is just personal preference.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 08:27:01 PM »
Don't forget about the Tut II.

I know a few guys that fly it and place at contest.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »
Hi Larry:

Just finished my Pathfinder ARC, painted like my Vector. RoJett 40 BSE SE for power. You can try it after I do! Sounds like you are taking a poll rather than looking for advice on what to buy and fly. The Vector is hard to beat, but I am anxious to try the PF. When I get the FL70 in the Score that should provide some thrills. The "best" ARF may not be available yet, as the rumored SV-11 is in the works, apparently.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 07:47:04 PM »
My guess, just like for any design, there really isn't any best (there could be worsts tho!). The reason is that everyone has individual characteristics that fit one design better than another.

If you are talking about quality, I have "assembled" CL Arfs Top Flite (2), Brodak (4), Sig (1), and to be honest, there is something to like and dislike about each one. (If I would include RC versions, I would increase the number of TF and Sig, and add a few new ones). I won't say which is/was my favorite, since over a season that will vary! Build wise I found all easy to put together with some common sense. I did not convert them into "rebuild" kits however. All could be upgraded, no doubt, but the same comment would also apply to the kit versions of each too!

All are still flyable, invarious states of readiness.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here