News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:13:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARF/ARC motor mounts  (Read 970 times)

Offline John Rakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
ARF/ARC motor mounts
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »
Reading Jim Morris' post on the Vector Arf. One mentioned stiffening the motor mounts preventing vibration. I have not noticed this, or payed attention to my own if it needs stiffening. Could someone detail this a little for me please. Thanks
John Rakes

Alan Hahn

Re: ARF/ARC motor mounts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 10:27:24 PM »
I think you are referring to gluing 3/8 to 1/2" thick balsa pieces (medium weight) between the two beams (the size depends on the thickness of the hardwood mounts). This effectively ties the right and left sides of the fuse into a solid block. This is done in the tank compartment. Another bonus is that balsa is a nice vibration absorber--much better than maple for example which is so hard that it can make a ringing sound. The grain direction is directed between the hardwood beams.

Offline John Rakes

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 05:48:51 AM »
Ok   Sounds easy enough, just remove some of the tank mount. Add balsa about the same size perpindicular to  the beams. I will do this as far forward as I can, and I may do this also as far back to the wing as well. This sounds worth while. Thanks
John Rakes

Offline Jim Morris

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 09:54:47 AM »
I believe the arf I got already has them tied together,eccept for where the engine goes of course.BTW John,I wont be able to do anything this weekend,probably not for a while,at least until deer season is over. Priorities. Then come on down for the chili cook.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here