Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

ARF Nobler

(1/9) > >>

Leester:
OK I know this has been covered a million times but I can't find it here on the "Hangar" I have a ARF Nobler I've had sitting in the box for 1 1/2 yrs. I'm going to start on it soon and want to get it right the first time. So what are the modifications that NEED to be made and the modifications that would be considered options.
  I'm planning on either a Magnum 36 or 40.
  I would like to change the bell crank and lead outs, but how do I do that without tearing the whole wing apart?
  Thanks j1 y1 ~^ y1 y1 <=

RC Storick:
Cut the wire close to the bell crank. Tape new wires on the old ones and pull through.

I have seen a dozen Nobler ARF's with bad motor mounts. If I were to build one I would change those too along with the landing gear.

Harleyman:
Order an ARF Nobler drop in replacement control system from Tom Morris. 
I was seriously considering just flying mine box stock, but there is no way those wimpy plastic clevises would hold up.     %^

Andrew Hathaway:
The last two I got both had metal clevises. 
Taping the leadout wires doesn't work well, neither does heat shrink tubing.  There isn't enough clearance between the leadout tubes and the wires after they're doubled up.

Cut the wires at the bellcrank end just before the crimps, overlap the new leadouts and add a drop of slow CA, a shot of kicker will seal the deal.  If there is any serious excess of glue they won't slide through the leadout guides. 

On my first one that I built virtually out of the box I replaced the entire control system with a 3" Sig bellcrank, Pylon c-d leadouts, dubro 4-40 rods, and used balllinks.
The stock control horns seem ok, but they're pretty short.  Longer arms would make it easier to fly. 

The way the motor mounts are keyed into the plywood doublers, it would be pretty difficult for them to pull out since there is a lot of area that is glued. 

Aside from the control horns, the only other part of the kit hardware package that I used were the hinges.   Everything else is cheap metric commie garbage. 

john e. holliday:
This is great.  Now I have quite a few flights on the ARF Nobler I now find out I was supposed to replace control system.  All I did was replace leadouts as I did not like the crimping.  DOC Holliday

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version