Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

ARF Nobler

<< < (2/9) > >>

Leester:
Andrew: Using  CA on the lead outs is the way to go. I had to scrape all excess glue off and it was still tough to get them through. But I did.  Thanks

Tom Dugan:
Lee, How did you get to the bellcrank?  I have an ARF Cardinal and need to do the same.  I was tempted to remove all the monocote from the wing but rational thought tells me to only cut a square out big enough to get at the bellcrank.

Thomas

Leester:
Thomas: The Nobler has a cut out area above the bell crank, and a small opening on the bottom side to get to the bolt. Both are covered by the fusalage when done.

Bob Reeves:
If you don't mind solid leadouts you can just cut the old ones out and solids will drop right in from the wing tip. I used the stock bellcrank with solids and mine has been flying for two years in heavy wind. I did replace the clevises with Sullivan gold.

At one time I posted pictures on SSW of the bellcrank and how I did it but am sure they are long gone.

Zuriel Armstrong:
Cut the leadouts at the belcrank.  CA some thread to the leadout and pull through.  CA the other end to the new leadout cable and pull it through.  It fits!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version