blank
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:43:52 AM by Motorman »

Offline tom hampshire

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: ARF Lead Out Change
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
     You can slide a piece of nyrod down the existing leadout, pull the leadout out after cutting it free and then slide the new leadout down the nyrod.  You'll still need to patch the covering at the root and tip, but you can leave it on the rest of the wing panel.  (Nyrod is the control tubing used as a pushrod for R/C.)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:13:59 AM »
I splurged and bought brass tubing just for the purpose of replacing lead outs on pre built planes.   Slide it into the wing and then push the new lead outs thru it.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »
I have done it by super gluing new lead out to old one after cutting the crimped  end off at wing tip . Cut the old one off the bell rank and carefully pull / push the new one through the wing. Make the connection at the bell crank, then finish the wingtip end.
I usually replace the bell rank and pushrods with good quality hardware, HD ball links and SS screws and nylon nuts.
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »
I've got a Vector 40 ARF wing and I want to change the lead outs. Do I just solder the new ones to the old ones and pull them through? How do you get the new lead outs in?

Thanks,
MM
usually the back wire is the easiest wire to change. the front wire is the hardest because of the shear bebs built into the wing. I have changed the front wire by using a piese if thin piano wire and a 1 oz weight with a wire loop on th top of it. I think this is s lead fishing sinker that has these wires going thru them as the weights are poured.feed the wire with the weight on it until it [ases by the bellcrank end and unhook the wire from the weight and you have a way to thread the new leadout thru the ribs . Take the bellcrank out and attach the new leadout to bellcrank and the front leadout is ready to go. I hope I told yu everything Oh you can feed the weight thru with tring if that would be easier. Just make sure the weight goes  by the bellcrank pivot point  so it is easier to fish out of the wing and attach to the leadout wire. HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here