News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arf Flite Streak  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Arf Flite Streak
« on: August 16, 2006, 06:50:09 PM »
I flew my Arf Flite Streak for the first time today in more than a year. I put 2 wheel landing gear and a tail wheel on so I could use my stooge. After messing with the LAS 25 and tank I got it to run consistently enough to launch. The problem is I can see the entire underside of the outboard wing in so called level flight. The out board trailing edge is bowed slightly up in the middle of the wing. I'm going to try to remove the bow with my $kote sealing iron other than steaming anything else that will level the wings out?  Thanks
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Arf Flite Streak
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:43:44 PM »
I used my heat gun on the covering while holding a twist in the wing(s) to correct the unlevel condition.

It took about 4 tries to get it right.

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:39:09 AM »
Heat gun, heat gun, heat gun. Twist equal distance in opposite direction. Direct heat. When warp looks o.k. don't worry about the wrinkles in the covering too much. Trying to get finicky with the kote might undo the warp correction. Also, try an aluminium sheet carbuncle on the outward tip, about 2 inches by 4inches. Bend in correction if all else fails.

Offline Douglas Babb

• What goes through your mind first as a line breaks?
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
The fixture they build the wings on must have a built in warp, my streak needs to be straightened periodically because the china-kote seems to relax over time. I will see where it's at tomorrow when I go fly but the trim tab may be a good idea for the long term. **)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 08:23:51 AM »
John Bender heard me talk about the coke can modification I do on planes once in awhile.  While flying my ARF Streak for the umpteenth time when I first got it he decided it needed to be modified.  He was cutting up a coke can while I was flying.  It is still on the plane with Emmy flying it now.  I never did notice the tension being that light while flying at the time.  After flying a 40 size plane for several flights it does not seem like you have any pull.  Fly by sight.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here