News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are rumors of Brodak ARFs of SV11, Saturn, others true?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Are rumors of Brodak ARFs of SV11, Saturn, others true?
« on: March 01, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
Heard a rumor here a month or so back that one or more Randy Smith designs (SV11?), Bob Hunt's Saturn, and other large, high-perfornance models are on the way,  maybe soon. Can anyone (Bob Z maybe) who actually has some inside information comment on the accuracy of this rumor, which I hope is a true story? S?P

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Are rumors of Brodak ARFs of SV11, Saturn, others true?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »
Heard a rumor here a month or so back that one or more Randy Smith designs (SV11?), Bob Hunt's Saturn, and other large, high-perfornance models are on the way,  maybe soon. Can anyone (Bob Z maybe) who actually has some inside information comment on the accuracy of this rumor, which I hope is a true story? S?P

HI Mike

The SV-11 is in the  works as an ARF  ARC, it will still be a while  as the development process is  SLOW  with the  overseas  factory , when there is news on it I will post here

Regards
Randy

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 05:36:15 AM »
A Legacy, too....not a Saturn, but real close....

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 09:17:24 AM »
No matter what, the best source for info on Brodak products is from Brodak Mfg.

Since John is in constant contact with his suppliers, he is the best source of information - price, scheduling, etc.

Bob Z.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »
No matter what, the best source for info on Brodak products is from Brodak Mfg.

Since John is in constant contact with his suppliers, he is the best source of information - price, scheduling, etc.

Bob Z.

Of course you are correct but we all know John is a busy man, if tidbits of info can be posted here from thoes that are close and know it might save John answering 20 or 30 emails asking the same question.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
I agree with Bob, but since Randy *has* to be involved with the developement of the SV-11,  I think he would know what he's talking about!  ;D
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 12:03:55 PM »
I agree with Bob, but since Randy *has* to be involved with the developement of the SV-11,  I think he would know what he's talking about!  ;D

Don't think me or anyone else disputed what Randy said, not sure why you posted this response? Even with the smiley I don't get it  ;D

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
Don't think me or anyone else disputed what Randy said, not sure why you posted this response? Even with the smiley I don't get it  ;D

Hi Bob,

No offense to anyone meant!  Mike asked for Bob Z., or any "insider" info, and that's what was posted by an "insider".  Randy in this case.  I am pretty sure that Mike knew he could contact John Brodak.  So, actually, Bob's response was kinda confusing as to whether or not he read the original post.  Nothing against Bob, we have had several pleasant visits!

What did I say to bring about your response?  ??? ??? 

Mike asked for an "insider" and in this case Randy is an "insider".  That's all there is to it.   ??? ???

Bill <><

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 05:25:04 PM »
Hi Bill, guess this internet thing has us seeing each others posts from different angles.. Are you going to be able to make Brodaks this year? I'll buy you a hot dog  ;D

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 05:48:47 PM »
Hi Bill, guess this internet thing has us seeing each others posts from different angles.. Are you going to be able to make Brodaks this year? I'll buy you a hot dog  ;D

Sorry, Bob.  This is not always the best form of communication. ;D  Writing responses can often come out wrong on the Internet.  I didn't really mean anything by it.

Doesn't look like I can come to Brodak's this year.  Too many "health" issues here that really hurt the bidget thus year.  As a District Director, I need to make the NATS.  Don't know if I will even be able to fly anything there.

Wish I could get to the Fly-In, it's always a great time!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »
Well, since I started this I want to say I am very pleased to have a direct answer from Randy Smith and I appreciate his following this post and responding with the best current info. I mentioned Bob Z because (at least as I understand it) he is involved with production at Brodak. Maybe I should call John B, but my guess is he is pretty busy running his dozen or so businesses as well as the model business. And, with new ARFs still in the pre-production stage even John probably cannot predict when we may get to see them.

If I come to the Brodak Fly-in will somebody buy ME a hot dog? Its a long trip from California! And how is the Saito-powered Score coming, Bob R?

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 03:30:51 AM »
Hi Mike,

Sure I'll buy you a hot dog and even throw in a coke  ;D

The Score/Saito 56 is comming along great, can't get many flying days in this time of year but last time out it was so close I wouldn't hesitate to take it to a contest for a back up. I somehow caught a 4 stroke bug that is immune to antibiotics, just bought a Saito 62 and have no idea what I am going to do with it.

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »
Okay Bob, I can solve your problem! Put that 62 in a box and send it to me to put into MY Score or the SV-11 when it comes out! Happy I could help! And I'm not forgetting the hot dog. VD~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here