News:

• April 30, 2024, 05:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another T-Rex Finished 57 OZ  (Read 3553 times)

Walter Hicks

• Trade Count: (0)
Another T-Rex Finished 57 OZ
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:52:24 PM »
  Just Finished my T-Rex  ARF with Stalker 66 RE , 57 Oz on digital scale. Good job Brad! Very nice ARF this will test all my RE engines .

Offline jim welch

• Commander
Re: Another T-Rex Finished 57 OZ
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:28:50 AM »
Walter...welcome to the T-REX fun squadron!Can't wait to get flight reports on your stalker powered version.The st 51 I'm flying has proven to be very smooth and competition worthy.locally ds60,pa61 pipe,saito 4 stroke versions really prove the extreme versatility of power choices for this great flying fun machine.Electric,2 stroke.4 stroke, this thing is for real.looking foreward to your flight report ... Jimmy
AMA 89335

Walter Hicks

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »
Flight Report:

1. Just about have the wings level, flap was warped ,tweaked and trim tab added.

2. My flying partners say if flies  very well, Expert level judge and another advanced level pilot.

3. For sure it turns well and comes out flap no problem.

4. Stalker .66 RE with Venturi drilled to .310 per John Miller and Gordan Delaney. Much more power than stock
    A. Next will be Discovery Retro .61
5. Still messing with props. Latest is Yatsenko 13.4x5.9 launch at 7000 rpm. Yes this is correct! Purrs like a kitten.

6. I like my Giles 202 with the RO Jett .67 Re better, but my flying buds say the T-Rex flies better. This may be
   because the Giles is a bit nose heavy and has the long moments 21" and you cannot overturn the thing,
   even I cant. The T- Rex turns much faster at this point. I could add some tail weight to the Giles but don't want
   to.

7. Tail wheel was not secure and was rotating 1st  flight. I re did it with an eyelet and shorter wire and it is fine.

IN SUMMARY - GREAT PLANE - However I will want a P-47 to the like of what I see on this forum. That is where my ARC will for....

Willis Swindell

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
Walter
sounds great I can’t wait to fly mine but we are snowed in for a while. Might have to wait for the spring thaw.
Willis

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
How much snow did you get down there Willis?
Steve

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:58:37 PM »
My daughter had about 7 inches in Chesapeake.  You guys need skis on your planes.
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Willis Swindell

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »
Walter
 Take the trim tab off and put the wing between you knees and twist the wing to get rid of the warp and use your heating iron to iron out most of the wrinkles on the side you are twisting  toward you . The other side will take care of itself. Be careful you can easily twist the wing to far.
Willis

Steve 6 inches

Offline jim welch

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:18:49 PM »
Walter...............sounds like a sweet combo on your first outing.Ditto to what Willis said about the heat iron.I had to do that to my arf and arc and both leveled out nicely.Hoping for some better weather soon so we all can go REXING....Jimmy
AMA 89335

Offline Dmytro Pavlovskyi

• New Pilot
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 03:17:03 AM »
Hi Walter,
I'm waiting for my ARF T-Rex and thinking about the engine - Stalker 66 or 76. What do you think about it, is Stalker 66 enough for this plane or not? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:18:39 AM by Dmytro Pavlovskyi »

Walter Hicks

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 11:03:38 AM »
Stalker 66 will work fine as the ARF is not real heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here