News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:26:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another SV-11  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Ed Prohaska

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Another SV-11
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:58:11 PM »
An Omaha area flier recently completed an ARF SV-11 and brought it over for a photo shoot. Tom Egbert is the builder. I sold him the kit last summer. Tom is an expert radio flier (fixed wing, 1/4 scale, helicopters, indoor, electrics, etc.) He was a top C/L combat flier back in the 1950s and was into R/C boats for many years. About 10 years ago he started getting back into C/L, focusing on stunt. He restored an old Shark 45 and is scratch building a Fierce Arrow. ARFs have been a huge help in getting airborne quickly and practicing the pattern maneuvers. The SV-11 came in at only 58 ounces. Seams are tight and joints sealed with a clear epoxy fillet. Controls are smooth, with about 40 degrees up and down travel. The only mod was to relocate the front inboard cowl anchor so it would not encroach on the engine exhaust and tank vents. All the stock hardware was used. Power is a Tom Lay ST .60 with 3-blade carbon prop and Aeroproducts spinner. Tank is a 6 oz. Magnum vented uniflow. This one should be a great flier and hopefully last many seasons. EWP

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Another SV-11
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:40:29 AM »
The SV11 is definitely a great flying model as you know.  IIRC, Bill Rich had a 2nd place finish at the NATS with a ST .60 powered SV 11.  And I really enjoyed mine with a Tom Lay ST G.51 at 64 oz!  At 58 oz, and the .60, it should be awesome.

It should serve Tom very well!

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here