News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another Nobler  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Another Nobler
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »
Hi guys,

My brother had a top flite nobler arf, great looking plane. He's a good flier but he crashed his toy, I'm in the process of rebuilding his toy. The wings don't have a scratch on them, great shape. I made a ares fuselage for his nobler wing so he would have something different. I'm using the control horns that came with his nobler kit. The control horn looks very well made. The control horn looks like its has wire wrapped around and soldered. I found one of the reasons he crashed. The lever on the control horn just spins around, I guess the soldering job isn't done very well. If you have a nobler arf and going to use the control horn furnished with the kit I would resolder and check to be sure this is not going to give a problem. What a shame to lose a nice looking plane over a ten cent item. I'm sure this has been posted before, just didn't see it in my search. Have a great day, Gary
Gary Anderson

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Another Nobler
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »
I remember when I "assembled" my first Nobler ARF that I took a hammer and lightly tapped the control horns to see what would happen. At least in my case the two held together. However I can believe that there are ones out there with cold--or non-existent solder joints. You are right, they do look pretty solid, but it makes sense to check.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here