Building Tips and technical articles. > ARF'S

a.r.f vector 40???????????

(1/3) > >>

steve pagano:
I know this question has been asked before but i cant find the post so ill ask it any way.I just got a good look at the controls on the arf do they need to be worked?
It looks like the leadout can cut through the bellcrank easily even though i never had any problems with my arf cardinal.

Leester:
From what I've heard just to be safe replace it.

Jim Oliver:
Two things more likely to happen than the leadout cutting thru the crank:

1.  The leadouts fail at the bellcrank due to repeated flexing--will take a while but will   happen eventually.

2.  The leadouts fail at one of the crimped connections--may or may not happen.

Protect yourself accordingly ~^.

Cheers,

Jim

Ron King:
I have not built an ARF Vector, but have built two ARC Cardinals and one ARF Nobler. I saw the crimped leadouts and didn't think twice - I cut into the center section and replaced the leadouts right away on every one of these planes. They all have many flights and are still working well.

I have enough problems in the center of the circle already. To achieve success in this hobby/sport, you should try to eliminate as many problems as possible. That's why we spend so much time, effort, and money to build straight models, get consistent engine runs, and trim out our planes.

Why leave something to chance? I have seen a couple of these planes fly very well in stock condition, but I have also heard a few horror stories.  '' ''

My vote is to go ahead, spend the two hours and change the leadouts. Then you can worry about something else.  n~ n~

Steve Helmick:
Avoiding an accident with careful attention to the control system is the best investment you can make. Save yourself from calling AMA, hiring a Lawyer, etc. Just do it, and don't worry about the time or money, because it will very possibly save you a bunch of both.  ~~>  Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version