News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Flite Streak ARF kit Bash  (Read 2823 times)

Offline djmachinist10

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
A Flite Streak ARF kit Bash
« on: August 02, 2019, 04:37:08 PM »
This is my Flite Streak ARF I just finished. I built a new Fuselage out of solid 1/2” balsa to replace the weak hallow fuse that comes with the kit. LA25 for power. I also added a cheek cowl. All up weight is 24.5 oz.

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A Flite Streak ARF kit Bash
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »

Looks real nice, what prop are you running on it? Thanks
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:26:06 PM »
9 x 4 master airscrew. That’s what I will start with. Maybe I will try an APC 9 x 4.
Dale

Tom Vieira

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 05:49:24 AM »
very nice!

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 03:23:40 PM »
9 x 4 master airscrew. That’s what I will start with. Maybe I will try an APC 9 x 4.
Dale

Absolutely DO use an APC 9-4. Sand the trailing edge enough to make sure you don't cut yourself, otherwise, straight out of the package. Use everything else absolutely stock, no modifications to anything (particularly the spraybar/venturi) and STOCK MUFFLER, and however much weight it takes to balance the airplane about 1" behind the LE. DO NOT under any circumstances replace the spraybar with an ST spraybar, or use a "chip muffler".

This combination should fly extremely well, plenty good enough to win any Advanced-class contest if you know what you are doing. The biggest potential problem is trying to control the speed, since it will want to be too fast - although it doesn't seem fast in the maneuvers. 

Brett

Offline djmachinist10

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 08:40:59 AM »
Yes, I did stretch the rear fuse by 2 inches. The plane flys well except it tends to hunt in level flight. I will play with the balance point to see if that will fix it. I checked stab alignment which appears to be right on level best as I can tell.
Brett-I am using a knock off ST type NVA. Your right, I am having trouble with the needle not responding the way it should. I will switch back to the OS NVA.

Thanks,
Dale

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 08:55:06 AM »

Some time ago I had a Nobler that "hunted" in level flight and someone suggested add some down thrust, I did and the hunting disapeared, you might try that also...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here