News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:27:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Al's Models  (Read 183299 times)

Offline Al Rabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Al's Models
« on: October 01, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
                                                                    Al Rabe
                                                             4200 Las Brisas Drive
                                                            Irving, TX 75038-9046
                                                               alsf8f@yahoo.com

The Disk 3 is simply a combination of Disks 1 & 2. The combination includes 153,369 words and 1323 pages of stunt reference material and photos and some short videos. The Disk 3 contains all of the material in the 8 notebooks of hard copies shown in a photo below and more.  The price of this DVD is $19.95 including shipping.

The Disk 1 content  contains two complete and complimentary parts.  The first part begins with a copy of the Control Line World magazine published in October 2007 and January 2008 by John Brodak. This two issue article contains 25,047 words and 61 photos. It's largely a series of monographs organized in an autobiographical format.  Most of the monographs in this part are technical explanations of various features of competition control line stunt ships. These features appeared over a forty year period and were nearly all original work. 

The second part of the Disk 1 content is a comprehensive construction tutorial containing another 53,662 words and 534 photos.  It is a hand holding tutorial covering the complete construction and finishing of the 1978 World Championship 2nd place semi-scale “Snaggletooth” Mustang. The Snaggletooth tutorial also contains a wealth of construction and finishing techniques, all explained in great detail with illustrating photos.

The rest of this Disk 1 content relates to the process of designing progressively capable and realistic semi-scale airplanes.

The Disk 2 content begins with two articles that most stunt flyers would consider "truly"  classic articles.  These two articles explain the orgin of  many features now considered normal in today's modern stunt ships.  The first article is "Evolution of a Thoroughbred".  This was the history and development of the 1977 NATs and Walker Trophy winning Snaggletooth Mustang.  It was published in the August 1978 issue of flying Models.  The second Classic article is "Go for Broke".  This article describes the history and development of the semi-scale "Sea Fury".  The Sea Fury Won Open Stunt in 1972 and 1973 and the Walker Trophy in 1973.  This was published in the March 1973 issue of American Aircraft Modeler. 

The Disk 2 content also includes another comprehensive construction tutorial.  This tutorial covers the history, design, construction and finishing of the "Mustunt IV".  This part also contains short articles on Trim and Tanks, Rabe Rudder, Shock Gears, Canopy repair, Appliqués and Vinyl Stencils, Trouble Shooting an Engine Problem, the BBQB Bellcrank Mount, Jig Building with Laser Cut Parts, and Flaps for Control Line Stunt ships. 

This section also includes a photo gallery and about a half hour of video of some BBQB Bearcat, Critical Mass and Snaggletooth Mustang patterns.

Al
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:24:52 AM by Al Rabe »

Mike Griffin

Re: Al's Models
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »
Al I want to thank you for making these available to the modeling community.  They are a great teaching tool and are a great asset to all of us in the hobby.

Mike

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »
Al sent me a video and it was cool to see the planes fly and the descriptions. Thank you Al!
AMA 12366

Walter Hicks

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
I have used these cd and some of his dvd to greatly aide in the building process of the Sea Fury. Very well worth  the $

Very detailed and informative. Even if you are not intending to build an Al Rabe airplane great information.

Offline Martin Quartim

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
    • StuntHobby
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
Hi Al,

Can you tell us the specifications and differences between the Snaggletooth and the Millennium Mustang P-51 ?

Thank you,

Martin
Old Enya's never die, they just run stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/user/martinSOLO

Online Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »
Are the differences between the Snaggletooth mustang version and the Millinneum P51 listed and or discussed in the new DVD #3 .  Curious as to dimensional differences, and flight characteristics that might sway a person to build one version over the other .   In the next year or so I plan on doing one of these. There was a flyer at the local Sears& roebuck parkinglot in Orlando Fla.  around early to mid 70's maybe late 70's that built one of these Rabe Mustangs.  I think is was powered by a merco 60?  He was a local Firefighter by the name of Ray Luaire (sp?)  It was All gloss black , white trim lines and a white Playboy bunny painted on tail.  Saw him fly his other planes (shark 45, white and gold nobler) but love to watch him wring this one out on sunday mornings.
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 11:39:37 AM »
Are the differences between the Snaggletooth mustang version and the Millinneum P51 listed and or discussed in the new DVD #3 .  Curious as to dimensional differences, and flight characteristics that might sway a person to build one version over the other .   In the next year or so I plan on doing one of these. There was a flyer at the local Sears& roebuck parkinglot in Orlando Fla.  around early to mid 70's maybe late 70's that built one of these Rabe Mustangs.  I think is was powered by a merco 60?  He was a local Firefighter by the name of Ray Luaire (sp?)  It was All gloss black , white trim lines and a white Playboy bunny painted on tail.  Saw him fly his other planes (shark 45, white and gold nobler) but love to watch him wring this one out on sunday mornings.

Hi Gordon,

While I am the one who has been cutting these for the past few years
I am not the final authority on them but I was told there is approx. 10% difference
between the two and the Milli being the larger.

Walter
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 11:45:47 AM »
Seems that I may have posted my thanks to Al in the wrong forum! Anyways, I want to thank Al for the DVD's I got from him. Very detailed and informative. I also got three plans, Seafury, Snagglepuss (P-51) and the Mustunt IV. Nice and well done plans. Don't hesitate to get any plans or the DVD's from Al. You won't regret it.  George Albo
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here