Vendors Corner > Al Rabe models

Al's Models

<< < (2/2)

Gordon Tarbell:
Are the differences between the Snaggletooth mustang version and the Millinneum P51 listed and or discussed in the new DVD #3 .  Curious as to dimensional differences, and flight characteristics that might sway a person to build one version over the other .   In the next year or so I plan on doing one of these. There was a flyer at the local Sears& roebuck parkinglot in Orlando Fla.  around early to mid 70's maybe late 70's that built one of these Rabe Mustangs.  I think is was powered by a merco 60?  He was a local Firefighter by the name of Ray Luaire (sp?)  It was All gloss black , white trim lines and a white Playboy bunny painted on tail.  Saw him fly his other planes (shark 45, white and gold nobler) but love to watch him wring this one out on sunday mornings.

builditright:

--- Quote from: gordon tarbell on January 02, 2016, 06:39:39 PM ---Are the differences between the Snaggletooth mustang version and the Millinneum P51 listed and or discussed in the new DVD #3 .  Curious as to dimensional differences, and flight characteristics that might sway a person to build one version over the other .   In the next year or so I plan on doing one of these. There was a flyer at the local Sears& roebuck parkinglot in Orlando Fla.  around early to mid 70's maybe late 70's that built one of these Rabe Mustangs.  I think is was powered by a merco 60?  He was a local Firefighter by the name of Ray Luaire (sp?)  It was All gloss black , white trim lines and a white Playboy bunny painted on tail.  Saw him fly his other planes (shark 45, white and gold nobler) but love to watch him wring this one out on sunday mornings.

--- End quote ---

Hi Gordon,

While I am the one who has been cutting these for the past few years
I am not the final authority on them but I was told there is approx. 10% difference
between the two and the Milli being the larger.

Walter

George Albo:
Seems that I may have posted my thanks to Al in the wrong forum! Anyways, I want to thank Al for the DVD's I got from him. Very detailed and informative. I also got three plans, Seafury, Snagglepuss (P-51) and the Mustunt IV. Nice and well done plans. Don't hesitate to get any plans or the DVD's from Al. You won't regret it.  George Albo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version