News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:33:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Steve Buso plans  (Read 11345 times)

Offline Ron Hess Sr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Steve Buso plans
« on: January 06, 2011, 03:25:51 PM »
  D>KRandy I was looking at sept/oct 2006 of stunt news (page 134)and in it was a stunt plane that caught my eye and one I might like to build it was called the atlantic traveler,the guy flying this plane was Gunter Wagner(Germany) he says it plan and design was by Steve Buso,  I know you carry Steve's line of plans,would you by chance have this one? Thank You for your time.  Ron  H^^

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Steve Buso plans
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
  D>KRandy I was looking at sept/oct 2006 of stunt news (page 134)and in it was a stunt plane that caught my eye and one I might like to build it was called the atlantic traveler,the guy flying this plane was Gunter Wagner(Germany) he says it plan and design was by Steve Buso,  I know you carry Steve's line of plans,would you by chance have this one? Thank You for your time.  Ron  H^^

Hi Ron

I sell  Steve;s Buso plans, they are all listed on the Plans page at  www.aeroproduct.net
I have never heard of the Atlantic Traveler though.
Steve's planes are very good, I don't sell near enough of the plans. People don't seem to build many Buso planes and I really don't know why

if you need anything  please let me know

Randy

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:44:01 AM »
People don't seem to build many Buso planes and I really don't know why
I think people want to see some planes built from the plans. It is hard to find pictures of any Buso planes. At least I've had little luck looking for them.

What I've found looks great but, as nobody has built any more, maybe there's something wrong with them... just following a train of thought, I don't really mean it.

I recall having seen a picture of a design called Psyclone: pretty wild looking, but the site where I saw it is gone...

Is there any chance of getting some Buso pictures posted? I think there must be some out there. Even reduced pictures of the plans?

------------------

Edit:
I googled for Gunter Wagner and found him mentioned on many German sites. One newspaper photo has him with a plane that has a name starting with "Atlantic". Elsewhere he is seen with planes that look like Trivial Pursuit or Star Gazer but are named something else. Maybe he does not use the design name but a nickname for that particular plane.

http://www.suedkurier.de/region/kreis-konstanz/bodman-ludwigshafen/Modellflieger-zeigen-ihr-Koennen;art372434,3905934

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:21:46 AM by PerttiMe »
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:36 AM »
Steve's machines were becoming very popular in the mid '90s.  An unfortunate (are there ever any fortunate ones?) health set back caused Steve to have to leave Stunt for a long period of time.  Noel Drindak has campaigned the Kestrel and Super Kestrel, and many others were more prevalent 10-15 years ago.  The designs are still very capable today for the upper levels of CLPA.  Steve's ability to put drafting pen to paper is STILL Legendary, his plans are as much art as function.

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
I have seen several pictures of these in magazines and PAMPA the Litewave , Jaquar, Kestral, Super Kestral, Soundwave.
I may have a couple in my library. I will post them and any other I can find

Randy

Offline Ron Hess Sr

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 07:58:20 PM »
I think people want to see some planes built from the plans. It is hard to find pictures of any Buso planes. At least I've had little luck looking for them.

What I've found looks great but, as nobody has built any more, maybe there's something wrong with them... just following a train of thought, I don't really mean it.

I recall having seen a picture of a design called Psyclone: pretty wild looking, but the site where I saw it is gone...

Is there any chance of getting some Buso pictures posted? I think there must be some out there. Even reduced pictures of the plans?

------------------

Edit:
I googled for Gunter Wagner and found him mentioned on many German sites. One newspaper photo has him with a plane that has a name starting with "Atlantic". Elsewhere he is seen with planes that look like Trivial Pursuit or Star Gazer but are named something else. Maybe he does not use the design name but a nickname for that particular plane.

http://www.suedkurier.de/region/kreis-konstanz/bodman-ludwigshafen/Modellflieger-zeigen-ihr-Koennen;art372434,3905934

Yes thats the plane i'm talking about,now to fine the name of the plans,here is a side veiw of it or maybe somehow get mr Buso e/mail  to put a name to this design.  hope the picture show up,lol   my first time trying to post one.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »
The "Hercules" is also one of Steve's planes. ;D
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
I have seen several pictures of these in magazines and PAMPA the Litewave , Jaquar, Kestral, Super Kestral, Soundwave.
I may have a couple in my library. I will post them and any other I can find

Randy

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 06:16:43 PM »
Something I forgot to mention, Randy, while we were on the phone.  Through some of my usual "poor boy" dealings, I acquired a "Buso design", of sorts, consisting of foam cores and a "8 1/2 X 11" drawing Steve did, but never was made into plans or published.  I only need to paint it now, to have it ready.  Had it for years, built all the "parts", just never got around to assembling it.

Gotta find a name for it, and I think I have a fitting "Buso" name for it that hasn't been used. ;D

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
Bill, you could call yours Kamaname, which is Devine Wave in Japanese. Goes with the Soundwave, Lite Wave, etc.  LL~ LL~ LL~

Thanks, Ty!  That would neat (better than "Divine Wind"/Kamakazi (sp?).  I sure don't want it take on any vibes of the latter, I have seen too many models dive into the target wile I had hold of the handle!

I do have one that is definitely picked out, bu things could easily change, and I am always looking for new names.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 02:10:34 AM »
Paul Winter of United Kingdom had a Jaguar at AMA Nats 2010
... and has a couple of pictures on his site:
http://www.psaeroproducts.com/psaeroproducts/GALLERY.html

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/071610.pdf
(Allen Brickhaus photo, I think)

edit:
Looks like it is a Strega and not Jaguar, after all  HB~>
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:46:05 AM by PerttiMe »

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here