News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: K-77 prop selection on SV-11 ARF  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
K-77 prop selection on SV-11 ARF
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:27:14 PM »
Hi Randy,
        I won a K-77 in a raffle last year. I wanted to build something for it but that hasn’t happened and not likely to anytime this year. So I’ve decided to buy one of the SV-11 ARFs for it so I’d have a decent glow plane this season. I’m currently flying the electric SV-11 ARF and very happy with it. I figured you would be the best to tell me what prop to start with on it. I’d rather not start with real expensive carbon props.

Thanks, Matt

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: K-77 prop selection on SV-11 ARF
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 07:53:14 PM »
Matt I have one on the Muffler from Kaz and use a Rev Up 13x5 which has 4.5 " Pitch works  well around 8700 rpm 64 ' eyelet to eyelet lines.
Airplane is 62 oz and about 660 square inches. works well.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: K-77 prop selection on SV-11 ARF
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:56:22 PM »
Hi Randy,
        I won a K-77 in a raffle last year. I wanted to build something for it but that hasn’t happened and not likely to anytime this year. So I’ve decided to buy one of the SV-11 ARFs for it so I’d have a decent glow plane this season. I’m currently flying the electric SV-11 ARF and very happy with it. I figured you would be the best to tell me what prop to start with on it. I’d rather not start with real expensive carbon props.

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt

For  cheaper props  try a  14 x 5  wood, plastic  or  13.5 x 4.5  , You can trim the 14 inch prop down if it gives you precession problems, trim 1/4 inch at a time.  Hint  you can run a little  larger  wood props  than plastic ones
Those will get you close

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here