News:

• April 19, 2024, 02:32:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aero Tiger 36 vs Pa .40  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Dick Fowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Aero Tiger 36 vs Pa .40
« on: February 27, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »
Hi Randy, I've narrowed my buying decision to one of the above engines for a Vector 40. I've seen the Aero Tigers in action and they are really good engines. Easy starting, a ton of grunt and most of the guys just fuel them and go. I know your .40 PA is a ground up design but I haven't seen anyone flying one.

The Aero Tiger is so good and I have no first hand information on the 40PA to make an informed decision. What are the comparitives such as weight, operating modes etc.  Obviously there is a price difference but that's not the key factor.

Thanks and do you have any pictures of your Fox PA needle valve assy you could post?
Dick Fowler AMA 144077
Kent, OH
Akron Circle Burners Inc. (Note!)
North Coast Control Liners Size 12 shoe  XXL Supporter

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Aero Tiger 36 vs Pa .40
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 03:37:49 PM »
Hi Randy, I've narrowed my buying decision to one of the above engines for a Vector 40. I've seen the Aero Tigers in action and they are really good engines. Easy starting, a ton of grunt and most of the guys just fuel them and go. I know your .40 PA is a ground up design but I haven't seen anyone flying one.

The Aero Tiger is so good and I have no first hand information on the 40PA to make an informed decision. What are the comparitives such as weight, operating modes etc.  Obviously there is a price difference but that's not the key factor.

Thanks and do you have any pictures of your Fox PA needle valve assy you could post?

Hi Dick

I will take some photos and post them soon of the  NVAs
The Aero Tigers  and  PA 40 ULs  are  flying all over, there are  100s of the out there
The PA40 UL  is  of course a rear ex motor and  has more power and flexiblity than an Aero Tiger, even though the  AT 36 is a very powerful motor
Many people are using the  PA 40 in classic  ships such as  Noblers, Ares, Cobras,Chipmonks,Caprices, and lots of other, one of the points people like best is the rear header muffler works well and  there is  no  side  muffler  hanging off of the side of the planes.
The 40 PA  also  has great flexiblity and  can fly much larger  ships, the PA 40 UL  will fly planes as big as an Impact, although at  only 8 ounces  you would have to put  3 or 4 ounces of  lead  in the nose  to balance the plane

Best advice I can tell you is  to just match the  engine up to the plane  you thinking  about

Regards
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here