News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aero Tiger 36 pipe set-up  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Allan Perret

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Proverbs
Aero Tiger 36 pipe set-up
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:10:57 PM »
Hey Randy:
Getting ready to try one of your AT36's on a pipe.  Will be using a pipe I got from you a while back, pretty sure it was the 32-40 size quite pipe.  At the time I was planning to use it on both an Enya 32 RE and a Enya 40XZS side exhaust.    Can you give me some starting points on the AT36 for pipe length and launch RPM ?   Also what's your recommended prop for this set-up ?    The plane is one of Randy Powell's  Ringmaster Delux, which is a profile.  Projected weight will be ~48oz, and wing area is 615.  Do you think the AT36 with a pipe will get the job done ?  
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Aero Tiger 36 pipe set-up
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:14:40 PM »
Hey Randy:
Getting ready to try one of your AT36's on a pipe.  Will be using a pipe I got from you a while back, pretty sure it was the 32-40 size quite pipe.  At the time I was planning to use it on both an Enya 32 RE and a Enya 40XZS side exhaust.    Can you give me some starting points on the AT36 for pipe length and launch RPM ?   Also what's your recommended prop for this set-up ?    The plane is one of Randy Powell's  Ringmaster Delux, which is a profile.  Projected weight will be ~48oz, and wing area is 615.  Do you think the AT36 with a pipe will get the job done ?  

It will pull it very easy, I would start with a 17 inch pipe lenght from first baffle to glo plug, Use a Bolly 11.25 x 4N  or a Magic 12.2 x 4.2 cut to 11 inches. set it on the ground right at the point that it is between a 4 and 2 cycle..just sort of cackling in between both, Use 5% nitro 22% oil 1/2 1/2.
 You will drop to a fast 4 cycle within 1 lap after launch,
This will be very close, if it goes too fast depitch, if it is slightly too slow pitch up, If it slows in the top of the manouvers add nitro, if it speeds up in manouvers decrease nitro. Use the needle to set the engine run..not to speed or slow the plane

Randy

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »
The man is right, again.    He should adopt Rush's motto,  "Dont ever doubt me"
I know you heard this before,  but do what Randy tells you about setting up his engines and its gonna work. 
The AT36 with pipe hauls the RMD no sweat.  Its really an amazing engine. 

In the pictures is a Vess 11-4 prop.  The best wood props I have seen.  It ran good.  Then I put on a Majik 12-4, cut to 11 and pitched to 4.2, now it runs great..

Piped profiles are FUN !
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 01:34:29 PM »
You will drop to a fast 4 cycle within 1 lap after launch,
This will be very close, if it goes too fast depitch, if it is slightly too slow pitch up, If it slows in the top of the manouvers add nitro, if it speeds up in manouvers decrease nitro. Use the needle to set the engine run..not to speed or slow the plane

Randy

What do you do if it winds up in the rounds (eg the loops) but slows in the square 8?
Steve

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »
What do you do if it winds up in the rounds (eg the loops) but slows in the square 8?

If the engine slows when you get to the sq 8s or any other manouvers look at the fuel tank, that is normally a fuel delivery issue, unless you are putting the rounds in the wrong place in the winds

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here