News:

• May 02, 2024, 05:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What I'd like to see...  (Read 576 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What I'd like to see...
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:02:33 AM »
As I have said before...The 1/2A pathfinder is more aking to an .10 powered model that an .049.
I'd like to see a contest where the requirements are....24" max wingspan. 6" prop max...160 sq ins max wing area.
only one engine....and electric.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: What I'd like to see...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »
We fly 1cc stunt at all the Knights of the Round Circle contests.  Single .061 c.i. or twins up to .101 c.i. power is the only limitation.  Planes usually run from 150 sq.in. for the Baby Clown and Baby Flite Streak up to 235 sq.in. for the Baby Magician and Pathfinder.

There is an extra award called the Leprechaun trophy for the best scoring model that is a replica of an Old Time or Classic model.  The Pinto, Flite Streak, Baby Clown and Baby Magicial all are kits that qualify for this.  There have also been others such as Tim Meek's Replica Midwest Mustang, Don Butman's gaggle of models and Lee Strickland's Little Ringmaster.

We are still debating how to regulate the use of electrics so that they are equivalent.  Currently (sorry, pun) the thinking is to put a limit on Watt-Hour capacity of the battery, and let the designer choose how to use it.  That would cover multi-motor and single motor models with the same guideline.  My current estimate is 16 watt-hours.  That would be a  2100mAh x 2s, 1400mAh x 3s or 1100 x 4s LiPo pack.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here