News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Top Flite 1/2A Profile Models by Dave Platt  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Juan Valentin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
Top Flite 1/2A Profile Models by Dave Platt
« on: April 10, 2019, 02:37:14 PM »

I haven`t been able to paint my model due to rain and high humidity which makes my clear dope blush. I was looking thru a book of plans and saw the following 1/2A  planes designed by Dave Platt for Top Flite. They look nice with built up wings and wing mounted L/g. I thought you would like to see them too. Here are some scans,they don`t look hard to replicate. They are the Hurricane,P-51B Mustang and the Cosmic wind all have 24 inch wingspan. I don`t have full size plans or tracings of the parts. Here are the scans.
                                                                                                                                                                                            Juan

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Top Flite 1/2A Profile Models by Dave Platt
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 04:58:31 PM »
Snatch! Into my library they go. Good grab!

There is a thread here from some time ago where someone posted an overlay of the Mustang on the Hurricane (or Hurricane on Mustang, I can't remember). The work is quite usable too! I see a Baby RingMaster, Lil Satan, Baby Clown, etc wing being tweeked to fit the bill.
Whoever you are, please drop the link into this thread.

Thanks a bunch, Juan!

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »
              The Mustang is a good flyer, however it could use a slightly larger stab in my opinion. The one problem with this plane is the landing gear platform. It's quite heavy and could really be lightened up without sacrificing strength. Flying these with a integral type bee is not very impressive. I have a product engine on mine using a older style twin bypass which works pretty well. This plane is truly capable of doing all the maneuvers.

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 08:29:37 PM »
Hello Ken
                      That is good information, I guess if you want to use the integral tank engine might be a good idea to shorten the nose. Can you post a pic of your model?
                                                                                                                                                                                    Juan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here