News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:35:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tony Naccarato 1/2 A fly In  (Read 701 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tony Naccarato 1/2 A fly In
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »
Y’all come to the Sepulveda Basin Apollo 11 flying field on Sunday for an attempt to set a new record for the number of 1/2A models assembled for a fly-in. Last year there were 275 planes. I am taking ten! They can be hangar queens, wrecks, not finished or whatever. Up to .061 is acceptable. I suspect you wouldn’t be lynched if it had a .074 Cub or Atom .09  :)

Tony Naccarato is the honoree for this event, and you really, really, really need to get there!
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Tony Naccarato 1/2 A fly In
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 10:00:18 PM »
The event came off in astounding fashion with over 255 models present. Three, count them, TD-1 models in virgin condition, a 50th anniversary gold Cox Pitts Special, at least three flyable Pt-19s. John Wright brought 40! Models. I thought I was hot stuff with 13.  :-[

I think there was a TD3 and a couple of Super Cubs. Definitely a Cox Stuka with a suitable patina of dust.

Several Cos Hyper Viper and Me-109 and Chipmunk models. The Hyper Viper designed by Mikey Pratt, the Me109 and Chipmunk are mine.

Scott Dinger flew the heck out of a Baby Magician from my plans. It was originally built by Antone Kephart, wrecked (dunno by who) and rebuilt and refinished by Scott. I flew my SkySport but with a lean run, didn’t finish the pattern.

Tony Naccarato showed up with some really nice stuff, and is physically way better than the last time I saw him. He is as always a really upbeat kind of guy. It is really appropriate to dedicate this event to him!
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here