News:

• April 23, 2024, 10:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tercel builders tell all!  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tercel builders tell all!
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:29:05 AM »
Eric rule tells me thst at least one, and maybe more new Tercels have been built and flown. Guilty parties: fess up and tell all!

What is the point of a forum if there is no information input?  VD~
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Tercel builders tell all!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:22:45 PM »
Yoo-Hoo! Anyone out there actually completed and flown a new Tercel?  ??? Nationals winning design, RSM kit, got to be good, yes? Clue us in on progress.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Online 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »
Are original plans still available? I may try this one.

Offline eric rule

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:38:25 PM »
Hi Jim;

The kit plan is available. I had the plans drawn in AutoCAD and they were completely checked over for accuracy and approved by Keith Trostle. They are available at www.rsmdistribution.com and cost $15.00.

If you decide to order them please be advised that I am leaving on a cruise tomorrow Dec 4th and will not be returning to work until Dec 19th. For that reason I will not be able to ship them until after I return to work.

Eric Rule

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »
In the original Tercel article in Model Aviation I was listed as the source for cored-out foam wings for the Tercel. I sold a bunch of them in that time frame. I still have those templates and can produce either cores or fully-sheeted wings with 1/32-inch thick balsa sheeting. I can also provide Lost-Foam wing building fixtures for that design.

I was privileged to be at the Lake Charles Nats where Keith won the 1/2A stunt event with the Tercel. He let me "borrow" it that day and I placed second with it! Memories, memories...

Bob Hunt

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
In the original Tercel article in Model Aviation I was listed as the source for cored-out foam wings for the Tercel. I sold a bunch of them in that time frame. I still have those templates and can produce either cores or fully-sheeted wings with 1/32-inch thick balsa sheeting. I can also provide Lost-Foam wing building fixtures for that design.

I was privileged to be at the Lake Charles Nats where Keith won the 1/2A stunt event with the Tercel. He let me "borrow" it that day and I placed second with it! Memories, memories...

Bob Hunt

Got my original Tercel fully sheeted cores from Bob yesterday.  These wings are great.  Bob does magnificent work.  I want to build an original size Tercel using a Cox engine.  I just hope I can make the rest of the build justify the cores.

Mark

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here