News:

• April 15, 2024, 11:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tercel and Brodak 1/2 A flying  (Read 862 times)

Offline bob whitney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tercel and Brodak 1/2 A flying
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:25:48 PM »
the following is the opinion of an old Rat and Speed Pilot

in my opinion the new Tercel has too much wood in it  ,after a slight mis hap it was put aside and I built a new Mini King profile and finished up an original tercel that was started by an un known person.it and the mini King came out at around 13 oz , after being screwed into the ground on 42 ft lines with both of them headed for Brodaks
  anyone who didn't have their plane trimmed out was behind the 8 ball because of the weather .the Tercel was handling strange and it was found that there was a mis alignment between the wing and stab so put away .2 flights on the mini king and found that it was way over powered but fun to fly on 52 ft lines .probably needs 58 ft lines at least, the pattern was no problem if u could keep up with it

I may miss a few but there was 5 good flying planes , two Pathfinders two mirages (spelling ) and Tim Staggs winning plane , most had Norvels don't know the sizes  . a couple of T/D's did the complete pattern .my cyclon was way too much power for the Mini King ,I think a norvel .049 would probably carry it on 48 ft lines.
  the hit of the day was a plank wing job that I believe did the whole pattern

wwith all the rain and wind and all the fun veryone was having it was hard to keep track of everything that was going on.

if u haven't heard Brodaks is a go for another 2 years
rad racer

Offline goozgog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Tercel and Brodak 1/2 A flying
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 05:33:09 AM »
   I'm putting a link to Scott Richlen's post here
so it doesn't get lost in the main forum.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/half-a-stunt-at-brodaks-fly-in/

Bob, you're right. This was a lot of fun. y1

John Brodak told me that he wants to take the
Fly-In to a tidy 25 years if possible.
I will be there !

Cheers! - K.
Keith Morgan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here