Building Tips and technical articles. > 1/2 A building.

Sterling 1/2 A P-38

(1/4) > >>

Dave Royer:
Does a full size plan exist for the Sterling 1/2 A kit that only had assembly instructions? Or maybe part tracings?

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Dan McEntee:
  Someone did this and uploaded it to Outerzone for the 1/2A . They have the .15 size instruction sheet but no plans.

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=10029

I would think about enlarging this a little bit for .049s. I think 2 .020s would fly this with decent wood.

Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

944_Jim:
I spoke (well, typed) with a gentleman on the Guillows FB group regarding his 1/2A Sterling P-38 because he had it showcased with his 400 series Guillows planes. He indicated that it was very nose heavy with two Babe Bees and strongly recommended  a pair of PeeWees. In fact, his is the plane on the OZ plan page!

Dave Cowell of DPCModels has the clone Sterling P-38 in his Short Release Kits list. Prices are (were) very reasonable for what is basically much more than a short kit. Don't be shocked by his packing methods. The wood is carefully stacked with the plywood (and the plastic parts if supplied) shrink-wrapped to a piece of corrugated cardboard, and placed in a "just big enough" cardboard box. But be prepared to whittle block leading edges and use (or substitute) his laser cut plywood bellcrank. He cut great kits for me several years back. The kits ship with paper-print "decals," plywood wheels, and steel music wire for landing gear. For the P-38, he goes "all authentic" by supplying a square stock balsa pushrod for the elevator, just as the kit was marketed back in the day. His goal was to market authentic reproductions of older kits. I sure hope he is still cutting kits because I want to order a few more for the "retirement locker."
No financial investment, and never dissatisfied by his wares.

"Airsoft Brenda" on YouTube has a video of her electrified DPCModels P-38 in case one was to consider electromotive power. 

https://dpcmodels.homestead.com/SRKS.html

Dave Royer:
Thanks a lot for the lead. I'll shoot DCP and email and hope for the best.

Dave

Dave Royer:
No luck there. The search continues.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version