News:

• May 20, 2024, 04:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: latest shenanigans  (Read 904 times)

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
latest shenanigans
« on: October 10, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
Went flying yesterday...flew my DD stunt plane, designed around an .061, with a TeeDee .049--on 48' lines--which pulled it as well as the .061 ever did.  that is one strong little engine.  This is a big plane: 34" span, 250 sq. in.  Flies beautifully. 

Also flew one of my SkyWriters with my newly-rebuilt Holland Hornet mounted on it.  Pics below show how the last flight ended [sigh].  Anyone have any spare Hornet parts?  I love this little engine; have now blown it up twice.  didn't think I was pushing it that hard, maybe 18000rpms (well, maybe 19) but it should hold up to over 20.  Maybe I'll make it a shelf exhibit...

--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: latest shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »
Mecoa advertises the engines -- are they any good for spare parts?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »
Hmmm, dunno, I'll check. Thanks.
--Ray 
AMA902472

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
Sorry, out of spares.  However I have a running search on e-Bay for "Holland Hornet" and there are several hits a week.  Having had my last 'Hornet powered model self-destruct, I am toying with the idea of putting in on your Geo kit.  What do you think?
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 02:42:19 PM »
Sorry, out of spares.  However I have a running search on e-Bay for "Holland Hornet" and there are several hits a week.  Having had my last 'Hornet powered model self-destruct, I am toying with the idea of putting in on your Geo kit.  What do you think?

If yours runs anything like mine did, it will be *plenty* of power.  Maybe use a 5.5/2 or so prop to keep the speed manageable--the LilGeo is a rather small plane, designed with the Cox sure-start in mind.  Having said that, I've been flying one of mine with a Norvel .049 on 45' lines, & it does very well. 
--Ray 
AMA902472

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »
Shenanigans. Sounds like a possible name for a stunter. Sorry to hear about the Hornet going ka-blooey.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here