News:

• May 13, 2024, 02:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sky Sport upgraded  (Read 658 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sky Sport upgraded
« on: August 30, 2010, 09:00:20 AM »
I just sent Eric Rule the drawings for the Mk 3 version of the Sky Sport.  The fuel tank volume is expanded, the landing gear position improved, the wing and thrustline have been moved closer together and a few minor corrections made to the plans. 

Sadly, my Mk 2 bit the asphalt on Saturday.  Ran out of fuel on entry to the overheads.  Its hard to run straight down to maintain line tension.  The Mk 1 is still alive and well, hanging in my garage ready to fly.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
Re: Sky Sport upgraded
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 01:47:38 PM »
That is unfortunate...1/2As generally don't have enough mass for inertia to carry them over the top; mine, anyhow, tend to just fall down on my head in such a case!

I smooshed up one of my Minnie Deltas last time out, wind extremely variable, it "varied" 180d. while I was coming back up from an outside loop. I no longer even try to outrun slack lines--managed to back up a few feet before it impacted, tore the motor mounts out (beam mounts).  It's been patched up a few times before, getting kinda heavy, so I'm thinking it's trash. 
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
Re: Sky Sport upgraded
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 08:26:43 AM »
...Its hard to run straight down to maintain line tension...

Agreed! I think most of us just run...preferably with our arms above our head!  8)  ::)  ;D

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here